Council thanks Owls fans

Published on Wednesday 6 June 2012 09:30

AN OFFICIAL thank you is to be sent to Sheffield Wednesday by councillors praising supporters who attended the civic celebration for the club’s promotion.

The Owls are in the Championship next season after clinching promotion from League One where they finished second.

The official thanks is in a motion which is set to be approved at a full meeting of Sheffield Council on Wednesday, June 13.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/local/council-thanks-owls-fans-1-4617468

Uh oh I can see the steam coming out of the dirty 3rd of Sheffield over this. There'll be trouble, they'll be refusing to say their council tax and council rent. Oops silly me they don't have to pay it do they lol

lol

I can see an harsh letter being sent in to The Star, very soon !

The Sheffield star would like to apologise to Sheffield United fans for thanking Sheffield Wednesday fans...We would like it to be known that it was actually Sheffield City council that thanked Sheffield Wednesday fans not the Sheffield Star...and The Sheffield Star was simply passing on the thanks of Sheffield Wednesday city council...

The Sheffield Star would like to apologise to Sheffield United fans for inadvertantly using the phrase "Sheffield Wednesday city council" in their most recent apology to Sheffield United fans..this was the fault of a typesetter and a proof reader...both have been severely reprimanded...The Sheffield Wednesday Star assures Sheffield United fans this will not happen again...

Sadly once again due to a renegade typesetter The Sheffield Star finds itself apologising to Sheffield United fans for an unfortunate misprint in The Sheffield Star last Wednesday...no it was Tuesday ...sorry again...we have Wednesday on the brain here err...lol...It seems there are subvervise elements in the proof reading and typesetting departments at the Sheffield ..."C'MON you blue and white WizAARDS!!!!!!!!!!! Star...We are working hard to remedy this and have sacked everyone who is believed to be a Wednesday fan from our staff....due to this, there will be no Hi Ho Sheffield Wednesday Star tomorrow...or for the forseeable future...WE apologise to all Sheffield United fans...well..... the ones that can fookin' read anyway...the rest of you porcine fookers simply strap old copies around yer hoofers cos you left yer fookin' shoes in the car park ........

THe "Sheffield Wednesday Hi Ho c'mon you blue an' white wizards Star"..one again apologises to Sheffield United football fan...well Brian....

The thick peasants at the Lane will be in revolt over this. "Never want 'owt to do wi' t'council agen, biassed tvvats"

Suits me fine, won't have to give them any rebates on their rates etc, the scrubbers!

It started wiv the CO-OP bank, i'm now with the Natwest

I never take the Sheffield Star, its blue an' white at best

I hate the fookin' council, they're all Hi Ho Wednesday fans

we never done nowt guvnor....the fault is all West Hams

Our boss, he is an agent, blue running through his veins

Everyone's against us, they hate it at the lane

Why can't we be like Wednesday, this is no way to live

Living in the shadow, they're just so flippingMASSIVE.

Sheffield City Council have made another statement.

We would like to thank all Sheffield United Supporters.

It is with great pride we can finally say, they have turning up in large numbers for something.

shoe_trend.jpg