Home kit changing from blue to red....

Guest Triplej2

I think theres a lot of jumping up and down because people are relating the colour change to us, and the clash with the pigs. Im trying to look at it as if we were a one team city, losing money hand over fist, would a change of shirt colour really matter so much?

I just cant see it.

No, you can't can you?!

agreed, but not at the risk of losing the club. The blue and white stripes are part of our heritage, but its pointless having a history if you have no present and no future.

Utter b0ll0x, talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face?

whats gonads? That would be it for me

whats next.....change the name? Sheffield Tuesday? cause Tuesdays a flipping lucky day in some part of the world 10,000 miles away?

its total bullshit, you take away the club colours/badge/nickname what else is their left? You have completely changed a clubs identity

a flipping 100+ years of history and tradition.......fooked about with

all cause some rich flip has decided he wants to bulk his bank account that bit more

Guest Triplej2

whats next.....change the name? Sheffield Tuesday? cause Tuesdays a flipping lucky day in some part of the world 10,000 miles away?

its total bullshit, you take away the club colours/badge/nickname what else is their left? You have completely changed a clubs identity

all cause some rich flip has decided he wants to bulk his bank account that bit more

Bang on!

Guest Triplej2

apologies, i forgot this is owlstalk. point me in the direction of the majority so i can follow them instead of forming an opinion.

:rolleyes:

I just don't see how you think changing a club's colours, badge and actually their identity to a large degree is ok to shift shirts in Asia.

I just don't see how you think changing a club's colours, badge and actually their identity to a large degree is ok to shift shirts in Asia.

I dont. However, repeating myself, iv tried to point out im not viewing this as if it were happening to us.

Cardiff have money issues, no city rival, and need investment. They arent really in a position to negotiate or argue. My point is simply that changing the shirt colours for a club like Cardiff, is not the end of the world. The hysteria that people on here would stop supporting wednesday if we stopped playing in blue and white is laughable.

The club is bigger than its colour of shirt. Cardiff doesnt lose any of its identity with the proposed changes, but there is obviously a danger of "what else" the board may choose to do. But thats another conversation altogether.

Guest Triplej2

I dont. However, repeating myself, iv tried to point out im not viewing this as if it were happening to us.

Cardiff have money issues, no city rival, and need investment. They arent really in a position to negotiate or argue. My point is simply that changing the shirt colours for a club like Cardiff, is not the end of the world. The hysteria that people on here would stop supporting wednesday if we stopped playing in blue and white is laughable.

The club is bigger than its colour of shirt. Cardiff doesnt lose any of its identity with the proposed changes, but there is obviously a danger of "what else" the board may choose to do. But thats another conversation altogether.

errr.....ok!

Not sure about the not losing any identity argument Hawkeye. For starters the Bluebirds nickname which they have carried all their history no longer fits. There is already talk about a new nickname (Red Dragons) to fit in with the new crest and yet again the fact that this will go down really well in asia. At what point does loss of identity start to matter? Is it the point that the club sells it's soul because this is already starting to look like the case.

Guest Triplej2

Its a colour of shirt!!! has it moved? changed name? no. same club, same cardiff city, just in a different colour.

From Blue to Red, and their badge and knickname are being binned as well! If you're cool with that then fair play but I'm most definitely not.

Regarding your point about us - If some foreign owners put us in yellow shirts, changed our badge and binned our knickname It would ruin everything for me.

Not sure about the not losing any identity argument Hawkeye. For starters the Bluebirds nickname which they have carried all their history no longer fits. There is already talk about a new nickname (Red Dragons) to fit in with the new crest and yet again the fact that this will go down really well in asia. At what point does loss of identity start to matter? Is it the point that the club sells it's soul because this is already starting to look like the case.

And thats the "what next" argument that i do have sympathy with. But thats hypothetical as far as i can see?

Facts are still that Cardiff needed the money, they brought in the investment, and this is what theyve got in return. In the great scheme of things, playing in a different colour shirt seems to me, to be a relatively small price for cardiff to pay.

From Blue to Red, and their badge and knickname are being binned as well! If you're cool with that then fair play but I'm most definitely not.

Regarding your point about us - If some foreign owners put us in yellow shirts, changed our badge and binned our knickname It would ruin everything for me.

Understood, but if the options were this and a good chance of becoming a solvent club, or administration and potential fire sale of everything, what would you go for?

Even when L**ds changed their kit to all white under DOn Revie, they continually referenced their heritage by retaining blue and yellow trim, yellow away kit with blue trim and their Peacocks nickname.

Guest Sniper1

Calm down love FFS.

So some business man comes in and wants us to play in black and white instead of blue and white.

You just call it a day?

Why argue and get all angry if thats all it would take for you to bin it, hardly die hard support is it?

Guest Triplej2

And thats the "what next" argument that i do have sympathy with. But thats hypothetical as far as i can see?

Facts are still that Cardiff needed the money, they brought in the investment, and this is what theyve got in return. In the great scheme of things, playing in a different colour shirt seems to me, to be a relatively small price for cardiff to pay.

The question is - what's your limit? my limit is shirt colour, badge and knickname. What's yours, Cardiff Dragons?

Football's got me by the balls, so it's not as if I can just turn my back on it, but I do genuinely find the amounts of money involved in the game these days truly repellent.

I guess I haven't thought it through, but I sometimes just wish the whole game would financially implode, leaving us simple fans to rebuild our teams from the ground up.

Me too. It sometimes annoys me that I'm addicted, but I'm too old to change now.

cardiff City aren't Cardiff City anymore are they? Different ground, different colours. The game is being taken away from the real fans and this is just another step.

See where you're coming from. Feel for the fans. Pretty much been held hostage on this issue by owners. Talk of change and the big carrot of £100 mil dangled in front of them. Opposition to it and then threats of withdrawing funds and having to reevaluate financial future of club.

They can't really win. Either hold onto their heritage and, in a way, let go of the future, or let go of their heritage and take hold of the future. Either way, the club's transformed - some ways for the better, some ways for the worse.

Most football fans accept that football and club's are constantly changing but you do expect three constants, in the name, the colours and the crest.

With new revenue streams becoming more and more important, if we as a club had to make a sacrifice to bring in more money, what would people choose?

I'd say Hillsborough to be sponsored. Far from ideal but all the people that matter would still call it Hillsborough. And we'd be paid - a decent amount to allow it - by an outsider so all the outsiders could call it by the wrong name. Would bother me less than other changes.

is it Hyde that City play their reserve games at?

changed everything from red to light blue, kits stadium etc all paid for by city.

not quite on the same lecel as Cardiff but it has been done before, the fans wernt too happy but soon changed their mind when thay got new facilitys and a bit of cash to throw around on players

From someone who lives and brought up in South Wales, and watched the city for many years also, it certainly has got the gander up from city fans. Has many Wednesdayites have their banter with the pigs, I have the same banter with the city fans, and it is possibly a change too far. I know many that will just not go, seriously they wont. Some people will sell their soul to the devil , city fans included, but theres no way I as a Wednesdayite would ever dream of selling up and changing colour, and lets be fair there could be a better argument for us joining the pigs , but again never never never . Yes they will have a few bob, it does not guarantee success, goes a long way i know , but no guarantee. I who live in the bubble of South Wales see it as a bad move, even when they moved to the new stadium from that ramshackle of Ninian Park, but could someone honestly tell me that Ninian Park was not intimidating, it certainly was , now its just another fancy dan roundabout ground. Myself the soul was sold when that happened, again another money making move. The City will never be the same as they were when they moved, I just see a lot of trouble , and eventually the chinese will move out, Sorry if i sound pro city but i have watched them quite a few times now, but have and always have been a Wednesdayite, even travelling up from Cardiff on their supporters coach in the 80's , with full Wednesday jersey on, and no trouble as next week i might be standing next to them , slightly intimidating against others who came to Ninian Park. Wrong Move in my eyes. SWO