Home kit changing from blue to red....

Guest AnotherOwl

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18324804

From the BBC, Alan Whiteley:

"There is no getting away from the fact that history and traditions are the lifeblood of any club and as such should be jealously guarded and preserved.

"Both the board and our investors fully understand and respect this and will do their utmost to uphold, protect and promote the values and virtues which the club stands for."

But they're still going ahead with it! The vermin.

At the end of the day, the FA, and perhaps parliament too, are to blame. Laws and rules should have been put in place a long time ago, to prevent clubs from getting into ridiculous debt.

Football clubs are so much more than a business, they are our culture and history, part of the fabric of our society, and mean so much to people.

Cardiff fans now also know they have Malaysian owners, who have no respect for them or their club. I really feel for them.

Disgraceful.

And I would genuinely say No to £1bn investment if it mean changing our colours, nickname etc. It's about more than that.

The Chinese/Malaysian have already alienated the fans base and showed no understanding of football, the club and it's history. It's all wrong.

Cardiff are literally selling the soul of their club to (hopefully) achieve a Premier League status.

If given the choice of changing our club badge, kits & colour to something completely different to get into a higher league - I'd certainly turn my nose up at it & say I'd rather stay in Championship for many years and try & do it the proper way !!

Guest Bournemouth Owl

http://www.bbc.co.uk...otball/18324804

From the BBC, Alan Whiteley:

But they're still going ahead with it! The vermin.

At the end of the day, the FA, and perhaps parliament too, are to blame. Laws and rules should have been put in place a long time ago, to prevent clubs from getting into ridiculous debt.

Football clubs are so much more than a business, they are our culture and history, part of the fabric of our society, and mean so much to people.

Cardiff fans now also know they have Malaysian owners, who have no respect for them or their club. I really feel for them.

I agree entirely, and with a similar fervour i would say the same about our pubs too

Disgraceful.

And I would genuinely say No to £1bn investment if it mean changing our colours, nickname etc. It's about more than that.

The Chinese/Malaysian have already alienated the fans base and showed no understanding of football, the club and it's history. It's all wrong.

would you say that if we were haemorraging £1m a month, and in serious danger of going kaput without this investment?

Its all about perspective i think - as we have the pigs already playing in red and white, the investors wouldnt suggest it for us. If Cardiff had a city rival playing in red, im sure the suggestion wouldnt have been made either.

some serious knicker twisting going on here.

Appalling news.

I can support the idea of foreign investors to a point, but those motivated by greed and with no idea of the history and culture of English/British football are the true football vandals. Look no further than Blackburn Rovers. Clearly there are parts of the world where football is understood better than others, and perhaps investors coming from Asia and America are the worst offenders: different culture, different business models. Perhaps European investors are a bit more savvy, knowing something of a broader history, though even that's a generalisation. But, for instance, no matter how much you might hate Roman Abramovich, he kicks every ball.

I'm profoundly thankful that we ended up with MM, from a country with a decent footballing history. America doesn't seem to have tainted him too much. Equally I can only hope that when the time comes to sell, he'll be as good as his word, and he'll sell to someone who speaks the football language and knows and feels its history: of football in general, and of Sheffield Wednesday in particular.

Guest PenangOwl

give it a couple of seasons before they move em to london. franchise coming up!

what - and joining them together with the other Malaysian owned football team - QPR?

Guest York-owl-chris

I hope Cardiff go bust now the w*nkers. I hate how football is being changed, it'll be ruined in no time. Malaysian or more people born out of wedlock

what - and joining them together with the other Malaysian owned football team - QPR?

The other Malaysian owned football team QPR, who achieved and retained Premiership status without the need to change their club colours from blue to red.

What do they expect the change to red to achieve anyway? I know there's this thing about red being lucky in Asia, but what difference will it really make? Do they think that millions of Malaysians will suddenly start to support Cardiff because of their colours? I'm sure there are already millions of them who already support gloryhunt sides such as Chelsea, Barca and Real Madrid - none of whom play in red.

question...

an investor wants to invest a billion pounds into SWFC, buy Messi, Ronaldo etc but he said we had to wear Red shirts... away would still be blue shirts though

what would you do???

I'd be in the car park with my shoes off.

Guest on the band wagon

been on the cardiff forum, pretty mixed from those who are returning ST's to those who are glad they have the investment and say they are still CCFC

I think this would be the reaction on most Forums, this included.

Given we were on the brink would we have accepted this if it was the only way MM would have invested

Guest hirsty9

Cardiff's rivals don't wear red so it might not be such a big deal for them unlike if it happened to us.

SWANSEA play in red and white.