Home kit changing from blue to red....

Understood, but if the options were this and a good chance of becoming a solvent club, or administration and potential fire sale of everything, what would you go for?

personally I'de sooner watch Wednesday in league 2 playing in blue and white stripes, but I could very well be in a minority of one

personally I'de sooner watch Wednesday in league 2 playing in blue and white stripes, but I could very well be in a minority of one

I think you'd be suprised by the amount of dans that would join you, myself included!

Heard a comment on Talksport, Cardiff citys fan group saying the majority of members have begrudgingly accepted the rebranding so they can have the investment and chances of premiership football.

We were very close to going under, if this deal had been dangled in our faces im sure the majority would have taken the same stance as Cardiff.

If it was a straight choice between changing our shirt to red or going out of business completely then I could cope with it. If they wanted us to change to any other colour than red it'd be easier to swallow.

I saw how close we came to ceasing to exist. That threat was very real regardless of what some would have you believe. Put that kind of fear up against a change of shirt and the shirt looks easy. Put it against a change of nickname and it's a tougher decision but one many would accept. Put it against both together and you might as well go all the way and totally rebrand.

As an aside, how would people feel about changing our name back to The Wednesday? Either for a one off 150th anniversary thing or do it then and leave it for good? Personally I'd not mind that either way.

Id like to leave the sheffield in, im very proud of us being sheffields finest club, and id be relucant to lose that from our name.

If some business man offers us £100m to rebrand to the wednesday however... :st2:

Heard a comment on Talksport, Cardiff citys fan group saying the majority of members have begrudgingly accepted the rebranding so they can have the investment and chances of premiership football.

We were very close to going under, if this deal had been dangled in our faces im sure the majority would have taken the same stance as Cardiff.

I'm sure your right, in my original post I said I could very well be in a minority of one

Edited by lt109

I'm sure your right, in my original post I said I could very well be in a minority of one

Think majority of wednesdayites would side with you, me as well, depending on how badly we needed the investment. It just doesnt seem like Cardif had any option.

Sad really, as id be amazed if this took off and worked as promised.

I honestly think I would stop going if this happened to us. If someone took our tradition away, whats left anyway? might as well not have a club....thats how I feel anyway.

As for Cardiff, don't they have a choice? It's a massively tough decision but, what if every single fan stopped going to every single match next season? and didn't buy a single red shirt?... how would Mr. Billions market his club then when they are on TV with an empty stadium.....

Also, whats to say that he would pump all this cash into the club after these changes anyway? Apart from him saying he would do? Is it just an expensive plaything for him that he will soon leave anyway? who knows.

No fans in the stadium = the club dying anyway, and potentially and an 'FC United of Manchester' situation.... depends how much Cardiff fans want to make a stance. I feel for them. At least with an an 'FC United of Manchester' situation the fans could mold their club as they see fit.

Maybe there should be some rules put in place for football takeovers in England to protect our game from stupid changes of tradition.

Me too. Right now it seems any Tom, wee pipe or Harry of any nationality can take over a club and do what he wants. The safeguards are an absolute joke as demonstrated so aptly at Pompey and Rangers. It is time the whole industry was completely revamped and properly regulated before it all ends in tears for some of our historically great clubs.

i'd go mental if we changed our colours from blue to red!

I've heard some of the e-mails sent into sky sports news and they aint happy in Cardiff. TBH i feel for them because they cant really do much about it and these owners they have obviously dont understand or care for their history and tradition!

Hope the fans can some how make the owners see the error of their ways!

Guest on the band wagon

Understand the money arguments and in the scheme of things we all want our club to survive (was this the only offer ?) we know that only to well ourselves but it just does not sit comfortably with me. This IS about Cardiff's identity, what more than their colours, badge and nickname, the ground, god knows what they plan to do with that. Things change Cardiff have had a few different badges in recent years but in essence they have maintained the focus of the bluebird.

I personally would not want us to change the strip to any other colour or substitute the Owl for anything else, that is our tradition and identity. I am not saying I would never go again but we would have lost something that is special about us, just to make us more popular in Asia, we shoud be pushing to make us more popular in Sheffield first

Investors are chinese arent they? Red is a good luck symbol or something over there, the investors point is that it would accelerate sales and interest in Cardiff in the Chinese market if they were to wear red.

Man City, Wednesday, Everton etc couldnt do it because of their local rivals use of Red already. Cardiff could, im not so sure for them its that big a deal really.

right what you say, red is the national colour and the dragon is the national emblem so big deal but no big deal so to speak, i wonder if the away strip will out sell the home strip next season

I feel for the fans of Cardiff City, god forbid we ever ended up in this situation I would hate to have to make the discision whether to call it a day or not. Realistically I think if it did happen come August 18th I would be sat where I've sat for the last 10 years in this seasons blue and white striped home shirt with the Owl badge on it wearing my blue and white beeny hat with the Owl on the front and a blue and white scarf with an owl embroided on it, I wouldn't buy any merchandise in the new colours or with the new badge on from the club It would send a clear message to the new Asian owners if most of the Cardiff fans didn't buy any off the new stuff and all turned up at matches wearing their old shirts, scarves, hats etc etc.

Cardiff supporters should simply buy the blue away shirt and wear it to all home matches. The only 11 people in the stadium wearing the red shirt will then be the players! This might make the owners think again?

it will have the new "dragon badge " on it, as posted above I'd just wear the 2011/2012 home shirt if I was a Bluebird