Home kit changing from blue to red....

Guest hirsty9

Its a disgrace the new owners have said we will pump £100m into YOUR club but only if you play in OUR choice of colour...105 years of history gone cardiff have been held to ransome

Youll have to forgive me here, im not as well tuned up on our history as others so google has accounted for these.

maybe not as drastic as changing to red, but the point is changes can be made, and not write off history - i still fail to see the huge issue with a team like Cardiff moving to red?

Previous Owls kits

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

Couldnt they just have a third kit that was red and sell that in asia?

Or the away kit in red?

Seems like asia is taking over football, manure will get about 1/3 of the transfer back on that player they signed in shirt sales from china!

Youll have to forgive me here, im not as well tuned up on our history as others so google has accounted for these.

maybe not as drastic as changing to red, but the point is changes can be made, and not write off history - i still fail to see the huge issue with a team like Cardiff moving to red?

Previous Owls kits

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Sheffield_Wednesday/Sheffield_Wednesday.htm

I fail to see how you could compare the changes to the Wednesday kit over time with the proposed changes to CCFCs kit. Did you not notice the strong recurring theme in ALL of our kits? We have even changed the crest but it still had an owl in it. What they are proposing at Cardiff is like saying they want us in Green with a flippingShark on the crest (no Southport, not a good idea), albeit with a wee owl riding on its dorsal fin. However, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not trying to belittle you, just disagree.

i think i would. we wouldnt be Wednesday anymore.

it wouldnt be suggested because of the pigs playing in red and white, but from a cardiff fans point of view, surely this is a small issue considering the situation they find themselves in?

I fail to see how you could compare the changes to the Wednesday kit over time with the proposed changes to CCFCs kit. Did you not notice the strong recurring theme in ALL of our kits? We have even changed the crest but it still had an owl in it. What they are proposing at Cardiff is like saying they want us in Green with a flippingShark on the crest (no Southport, not a good idea), albeit with a wee owl riding on its dorsal fin. However, you are entitled to your opinion and I'm not trying to belittle you, just disagree.

All im trying to point out is all clubs have changed something about their kit, logo, design or even badge before, and its not really been too big a deal.

Cardiff have no city rival playing in red that could clash with them over this, whereas wednesday, man city, Everton, Newcastle, tottenham etc all do. what is cardiffs big problem with the shirt colours? it doesnt identify it from a city rival like the above all do?

All im trying to point out is all clubs have changed something about their kit, logo, design or even badge before, and its not really been too big a deal.

Cardiff have no city rival playing in red that could clash with them over this, whereas wednesday, man city, Everton, Newcastle, tottenham etc all do. what is cardiffs big problem with the shirt colours? it doesnt identify it from a city rival like the above all do?

I just feel the departure is too great and the underlying reason of money with strings attached leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. Think we will have to agree to disagree.

it wouldnt be suggested because of the pigs playing in red and white, but from a cardiff fans point of view, surely this is a small issue considering the situation they find themselves in?

my feelings stand regardless of the proposed colour though.

it wouldnt be the team i grew up watching with my dad, brother and grandad.

When your nicknames the bluebirds, and you're now playing in a red kit with the dragon being the focus point of the logo, it doesn't seem like such a minor change. Without even bringing United in to it, I'd absolutely hate doing away with blue and white stripes, it's one of the great things about Wednesday.

my feelings stand regardless of the proposed colour though.

it wouldnt be the team i grew up watching with my dad, brother and grandad.

Daft. it would be the same club regardless, id turn up to watch them whatever Hillsborough was named, whatever kit we played in, if we managed to find a sillier sponsor than chupa chups id still turn up.

Changing wednesday to red is a big issue because of the blunts. Cardiff has no one in red in the same city that would clash. you cant compare the two.