Home kit changing from blue to red....

Oh it's happening, the home shirts are expected in the club shop in a few months. 100 million is a lot of money, but they could lose more in the long run

£100m in world football terms could be spent very easily and very irresponsibly even with the best intentions.

Depending on how the team is rebuilt it could take £20m just to get promotion to the Premier League and perhaps £30m to remain there.

Football's got me by the balls, so it's not as if I can just turn my back on it, but I do genuinely find the amounts of money involved in the game these days truly repellent.

I guess I haven't thought it through, but I sometimes just wish the whole game would financially implode, leaving us simple fans to rebuild our teams from the ground up.

This puts the Club 9 Sports offer into perspective and highlights how desperate some people were at the time.

It also highlights the absolute absurdity of the proposed Geoff Sheard deal.

As a club and as fans we really have learned so much in the last five years about how football financing works.

Guest Thurgowland

Unfortunatly looks like another nail is being hammered into the coffin of our beautiful game.

If the chinese overseas investors were that set on having a team in red attire then surely Bournemouth would have been the best option.

A south coast connurbation of around 400,000 people in the immediate area to win the affections of and also a damn sight cheaper option than Cardiff and alienating half of their fan base.

Football's got me by the balls, so it's not as if I can just turn my back on it, but I do genuinely find the amounts of money involved in the game these days truly repellent.

I guess I haven't thought it through, but I sometimes just wish the whole game would financially implode, leaving us simple fans to rebuild our teams from the ground up.

i think this will happen sooner rather than later, let them have an elite league, i like the fact that here in Finland the players earn an average mans salary tops (ave is €15k a YEAR)... keeps costs down, €7 to stand if you buy a season ticket and encourages local talent. Let the mercenaries go overseas for big salaries and get players playing because they love the sport

Edited by modboy

[

i think this will happen sooner rather than later, let them have an elite league, i like the fact that here in Finland the players earn an average mans salary tops (ave is €15k a YEAR)... keeps costs down, €7 to stand if you buy a season ticket and encourages local talent. Let the mercenaries go overseas for big salaries and get players playing because they love the sport

Agreed. Drogba for instance- holding out for £250k per week when their 'only' offering him £150k to play in China.

Two hundred and fifty grand A WEEK. It's totally ludacris. £50k per day- More than the majority of people earn in an entire year for kicking a football around for a couple of hours in the morning.

Granted he has to deal with press but flip me.

Edited by H2Owl

Surely the average is higher than that?

I guess the equivalent case for us would be if we changed our home kit to something other than red or blue - say, yellow.

I believe that the Football League has a fans charter. Hopefully, it will protect the fans' tradition and desires in this instance.