How can anyone say our ground is crap?

The modern football fan is raised on facepaint, jester hats and the nations Pride Park clones.

Stadiums like Hillsborough, Goodison Park and (scoff) Bramall Lane will soon become something of the past, but I love it and would hate to leave for anything. Our stadium is iconic and has more heritage per gangway than a stadium like the one at Milton Keynes will have in a life time.

If the away fans don't like it, good. I'd stick them in the corner unless they can sell more, hope it rains and hope they have a miserable day leaving the ground with 0 points. I f*cking love our stadium and the more away games I go to the more I realise how lucky we are.

You said everything I would have said, only better

That world cup stadium wot strafford came up with looked the business ,would like to see that happen in the next few years ,if we,get to the prem it will happen..

I adore Hillsborough, it's my church. However, regarding the West Stand.............

Hillsboroughnewweststand.jpg

Sometimes you do have to strive to improve. It's a tricky one fellas.

I adore Hillsborough, it's my church. However, regarding the West Stand.............

Hillsboroughnewweststand.jpg

Sometimes you do have to strive to improve. It's a tricky one fellas.

I love that version of the potential new west stand. But i didn't notice before how far the stand carries on beyond the south stand line.

Most of those seats would end up as restricted views, or empty most of the time. THink it would need a re-draw.

Does look MASSIVE though.

Investment on the pitch is whats needed most then when we get to the prem with the extra money alter the ground, Wolves have, have a look at there stadium its being upgraded all through last season without much impact on attendances.

Investment on the pitch is whats needed most then when we get to the prem with the extra money alter the ground, Wolves have, have a look at there stadium its being upgraded all through last season without much impact on attendances.

That's because one complete side was closed for said re-development and the other 3 were pretty much full.

Guest hirsty9

I cant believe we have not got round to re-painting the kop it does look an eyesore. I know money spent on the playing staff is number one but,....YOU wouldnt let your house look shabby....would you?

I cant believe we have not got round to re-painting the kop it does look an eyesore. I know money spent on the playing staff is number one but,....YOU wouldnt let your house look shabby....would you?

There are a few areas where paint would do a grand job for now.

C'mon, a few hundred tins of paint shouldn't break the budget should it?

I'd be willing to muck in/volunteer and paint on my day off and am sure loads more would.

Probs only cost a fiver a tin if buying in bulk?

Was it start of last season or this where they had simply painted the wall at the back of front section on the West in white paint?

Simple but looked clean and new.

The rear of the away end(outside the ground) is the biggest eyesore IMO and is what all away fans judge the whole ground on really and it's plain wrong!

Guest Bournemouth Owl

Good or bad, its all a matter of perspective of where you are and where you want to be, yes good for League One,,,,, Adequate for the Championship.... looking Tired for the Prem and crap if you get in to Europe where we have been.

Guest Bournemouth Owl

I personally couldn't care less what away fans think . If they love or hate it im not interested as whoever they are they're not sheffield Wednesday and its not their home its ours and i f*****g love it :-)

Well I do care, for decades we have bragged how good our Stadium is and how proud of it we have been, Magnificent Hillsborough they called it, I am proud to be Sheffield Wednesday and I want us to be proud of where we play. success goes hand in hand with quality, and yes we need investment in the team but we need investment in the Stadium as well. its our heritage as being Sheffield Wednesday.

Its our right ........ only if we do something about it.

There are a few areas where paint would do a grand job for now.

C'mon, a few hundred tins of paint shouldn't break the budget should it?

I'd be willing to muck in/volunteer and paint on my day off and am sure loads more would.

Probs only cost a fiver a tin if buying in bulk?

Was it start of last season or this where they had simply painted the wall at the back of front section on the West in white paint?

Simple but looked clean and new.

The rear of the away end(outside the ground) is the biggest eyesore IMO and is what all away fans judge the whole ground on really and it's plain wrong!

Hey, I'm a member of the original "Dulux 5" and I'd be prepared to do it again but, although I'm proud to have helped my club in her hour of need, I think we're beyond that now. I trust Milan to get the team right first, everything else stems from success on the pitch.

Hillsborough is, quite simply, an historic, loved building, surrounded by a river, park, a fine Victorian railway viaduct...BL doesn't come close.

Sometimes I wonder if we are too attached to the old ground. When its full, its rocking, although that would also be true of any well designed modern stadia, but it usually feels like a morgue when its not full. People refer to places like MK Dons and Colchester as soulless stadiums but not all new stadiums are like that. There are some cracking grounds all around Europe.

Personally I don't see us spending money on Hillsborough for a good few years, and even then we'd probably consider an out of town site with parking. I know many people would be horrified with the prospect of a move but it isn't something that would trouble me

All down to the West Stand.

Renovate that (or knock it down and build another one stretching round to the North and South) and Hillsborough will be right up there among the best again.

That, to me, sounds good; especially the Kop standing alone. It would look iconic to have it standing tall and proud (preferably without the supporting pillars)

We have a ground to be proud of. It is full of history and character. It also has fantastic acoustics unlike most of the new grounds and I include Wembley in that. A touch of paint would go a long way to making it look better. Milan if you provide the scaffolding and paint I'm sure dozens would volunteer to slap the paint on, it would not cost the earth. I can't wait for the day the corners are filled in to make the already fantasic atmosphere even better. When we get to the prem this has to be done immediately. As far as the West stand is concerned again when we get to the Prem this has to be flattened and rebuilt. The North stand should stay as it is as it produces a magic atmosphere. The South is fine but the Kop needs a roof without the stantions,