Are we a more attractive club than Leeds

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

With all this talk of us snapping Leeds players up and some of the media saying we can offer bigger wages. Do you really buy this? Now I'm not too sure of their situation i.e with debts and things, but they have just done a load of work to their stadium and Bates is building a hotel there, so they can't be that skint. So what's your thoughts, have we got more money than Leeds? And would a player given the choice rather come to us then them? Cos lets face we're a big side but so are Leeds

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Money talks!

Football players, for the most, will go to whoever is offering the most money.

My guess would be that at this moment in time, Leeds will be willing to pay more than Wednesday. This is based on our transfer policy under MM to date. However, I guess this policy is always open to change. So who knows?

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

Similar sized clubs, Leeds might be marginally bigger due to the fact they are the only club in the city.

All depends what gets put on paper and shoved under a players nose.

If either club can do a better job than the other of convincing the player that they will be challenging for promotion and can offer an extra few quid or an extra year on the contract, they instantly become the more attractive club.

Leeds probably shade it due to support picked up from their glory days We have better local support and certainly more support around the country then the pigs have, but Leeds have a huge international fanbase

Leeds are bigger than us unfortunately, however, Bates isn't injecting money in to the team (well according to a few Leeds fans I've talked to he isn't) so maybe not willing to offer as much as us. Whether we're willing to break our wage structure is another matter

Guest TonyOwl88

Its much of a muchness really. If you put the money up for a player, they won't turn you down so that they can play at the same level with a team paying them less.

If we can assure the players we want Premiership status... and convince them its realistic.... We can compete with anybody at Championship level.

L**ds aren't a club we will struggle to compete with on any level.... but Leicester might be a different story because it always comes back to money.

Guest Big Guns

Bigger than Newcastle? Not for me.

Leeds are bigger than us though, sadly. I live in York and virtually everybody here supports Leeds, or so it seems.

Were as big as Newcastle.

Guest Big Guns

We're really not.

Why not? I remember then getting 14k crowds

And I think they've won one more trophy than us

I think our highest ever attendance is about the same if you look in detail were about the same

Maybe they just nick it .

Traditionally its a close call, but I would say at this moment we have the slight edge,

we have momentum

an ambitious chairman

a proven manager

a young squad with potential

a general feeling amongst all, that things are beginning to happen.

put that against

a chairman who wants headlines for himself

mrs doubtfire as manager

a squad of missfits

a feeling amongst Leeds fans that they have somehow missed the boat

I really am optimistic that we will finish top yorkshire club and go from strenghth to strength