Are we a more attractive club than Leeds

Guest nevergetpastsemedo

Guest Fedor

Yes we are a potentially bigger

Have to agree, they only averaged 23k last season. Considering away support would have been better we are not that far behind them. I think this coming season we will outdo them support wise. We are also higher in the rankings of trophies won.

Guest aj_owl

The problem with Leeds is its all fur coat and no knickers.

Havent been to Leeds for a while based on that description of the ladies i best get goin!

Unfortunately, Leeds are a bigger club than us. Last year, dispite a bland team, midtable football (which they all knew was going to happen based on they fact they were not actually signing any players) and ridiculous prices (for a new fan last year, the cheapest ST was £522!!!) they still averaged 23,200 - which is pretty good.

Unfortunately, Leeds are a bigger club than us. Last year, dispite a bland team, midtable football (which they all knew was going to happen based on they fact they were not actually signing any players) and ridiculous prices (for a new fan last year, the cheapest ST was £522!!!) they still averaged 23,200 - which is pretty good.

Didn't we average more than that in our relegation season??

Historically they have been slightly ahead of us and benefitted from being a one team city.

At face value you'd still say Leeds, but one of my mates is a big Leeds fans and he feels the club is being run badly and on a shoestring with transfer money not being re-invested whilst empty promises are made by the chairman.

Also, there is a mass exodus of their top players so that also says something.

All things being equal its tough to compete with them, but I think if we are competing this summer the momentum is with us.

There are a few rumours that warnock is close to walking as budgets aren't what he expected, but I don't believe that.

Time will tell I suppose, our percieved budget is probably smaller than being made out and theirs is probably less frugal than they believe.

Cliubs with hotels are obviously loads betterer...!

When playing the game you have to get Houses on your ground.

Once you have 4 houses you can get a hotel.

Once you have 4 Hotels you can get a Messi.

Houses = 0 goals

Hotels = 0 goals

Messi = 63 goals

Leeds have and will continue to be a disgrace ....It took Cloughie no time at all to weigh Revie up, what he did leavesLeeds in our shadow for years to come.

My fotball hi-lite in my life was the goal that WBA scored at Elland Rd to prevent Leeds winning the title. I laughed all close season.

If I was a player having to Choose between the two clubs, it would boil down to - who would I rather play for? Colin, or DJ....

Been said already............The players will chose the club who gives them the most money

A big city with a large catchment area and only one club.

You'd expect them to be bigger, and I think they are, but perhaps not as much as some would believe.

I think with both clubs hitting rock bottom its been a bit of a leveller as we now have similar set ups and crowds, I think we have a better owner now too.

No doubt that Leeds, Weds and Forest are the biggest outside the top flight.

Leeds are a bigger club than us.

But considering they're a one club city, with a big catchment area of West Yorkshire, and surrounded by big clubs such as Bradford, Huddersfield and Halifax. The crowds they get are sh*t.

As for are we more attractive. It all depends on wages, but going on what Leeds fan say about Bates and his level of investment at the minute, we will be just as attractive proposition as they are, if not more so.

Bates is more interested in building hotels and ripping seat out and building executive boxes than sorting Leeds' squad out.

Edited by BRADDAZ

their cheapest home ticket is £34 or summit daft

Here's a list of their average attendances since they got relegated from the Prem.

2004–05 Champ 28,814

2005–06 Champ 22,294

2006–07 Champ 20,184

2007–08 Lge 1 26,040

2008–09 Lge 1 22,849

2009–10 Lge 1 23,116

2010–11 Champ 26,739

2011–12 Champ 23,369

Good crowds on the face of it but when you consider the City has a population of around 800,000 (according to Wiki) its not that good.

Sheffield has a population of 555,000 and two clubs that average over 20,000 people per season.

Also looking at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_districts_by_population

Also both Bradford and the Kirklees area of West Yorkshire are very high on the population list.

Basically what I'm trying to say, is Leeds attendances are pretty sh*t considering.