Do we really want Premiership football?

Guest phill1982

Look. Phil me old chum. We know there's a lot of poo in professional football nowadays, as you have very succinctly described, but in the end the top tier is where you've got to aim for. It's our right as a truly great football club and it's either up or down and we all know which we prefer (fnaar). Times change and I wish they wouldn't but you either change with them or give up and croak it (or maybe formulate some fantastic plan to put things back the way they were ........er. anyway) You might as well complain about the change from goal average to goal difference or not having rouges any more. It would be great if we had a bit more of the old crunching tackles and if all the players were true blue Brits playing for their home town team but it just ain't so. We both cheered on the numerous foreign players in Wednesday's team this season (albeit from a very, very afar in my case) and we both want to see The Wednesday (no irony intended or otherwise) enjoying the Glory Glory Glory. @Nuff said.

Guest Fedor

I too see where the OP is coming from. Seasons like this are brilliant where we go to tinpot grounds and take the wee wee etc.Proper fans too unlike the ones you see in premiership. Unless anybody gets a billionaire benefactor it will be difficult to break into the upper echelon. Unfortunately the gap at the very top is getting bigger. But a season of another promotion would be unbelievable.

Getting a bit ahead of yourselves don't you think? You should be happy with consolidation. Tough league next season.

I know you Berties are a bit dim. But you do grasp the concept of a hypothetical question don't you

I'm confident loyal fans would be rewarded with cheaper season ticket options. For example, come January, if we're in with a shout of promotion, similar offers will be made as were this season. Of course, the prices will go up but I don't see MM ripping us off.

Got to aim high and hope one day that we can establish ourselves as a top half Premiership side.

Seems like a million years away at the moment, but a number of teams have come up from the Championship and shown that it is possible.

Long way to go mind.

As a Wednesday fan first and football fan first want to see best possible players for Wednesday and best possible football and Hillsborough. Only way for that to be possible is for us to be playing Premiership football.

The way the Premiership is, and has been for donkeys years is, if we were to get there in the next season or two, we would not compete. Until such time as clubs like Man Utd, City and Chelsea aren't allowed to pay players like Rooney quarter of a million pounds a month, we are NEVER going to be competitive with them. If finishing in the bottom third, with maybe an outside chance of winning the League Cup is what you want, fine, but the real football, played by real footballers is played in the bottom three divisions.

I know you Berties are a bit dim. But you do grasp the concept of a hypothetical question don't you

Typical your club though isn't it laaa! I do understand hypothetical questions..but with you lot you never know do ya? You could actually believe 100% nailed on that you're gonna go up straightaway next season - you probably do don't you? HMS what???

Getting a bit ahead of yourselves don't you think? You should be happy with consolidation. Tough league next season.

Settle for that and settle to fail, playoffs and auto would be a bonus,

On the face of it I knid of agree with you. However, I only want to see Wednesday as the best in every part. Although you have a point with the ticket prices, which are disgraceful nowadays, providing I had the money I'd still pay it regardless. Call me mad, but it was always a dream of mine as a youngster to follow my beloved Owls wherever they may be and it's worth paying the money to chase the dream.

Fingers crossed one day I'll be able to fork out the no doubt ridiculous money to watch my 1st love (**** the mrs- she's only been around for 5 years) in Europe.

Edited by pompeyowl

too many knee jerk 'of course we do' reactions

Those of lucky enough to have savoured the old Div 1 times and the latter time we were there in the 90s and then into the Premiership see it as the place we really should be. However I sort of understand the OP's concerns. The Premiership doesn't belong to us fans any more it's a puppet to sky with random kick off times, over paid, petulant and prima donna divers.