Do we really want Premiership football?

Guest phill1982

We are big enough to get to the premier and survive. So why not? Has to beat travelling 200 miles to see us playing Cheatvil, or is that the limit of some peoples ambition?

Bloody hell some vitriolic posts on here.

I think the OP has some valid points about current premiership life and he was just raising them for debate.

I'm looking forward to having a competitive team in the championship for now.

Yes there is a whole lot wrong with the premier league and the fact it is vanishing up its own arse but i still want to be entertained and i'd rather be in the premier league with all its shitty aspects than the championship.

Would love to see Hillsborough pimped up to premiership standards as well.

A first class stadium will bring larger crowds premiership or not.

Good post, some people's attitudes on here stink, the blokes trying to have a debate about something that’s interesting and not as clear cut as many of you are making out. I’ve discussed this with my mates plenty of times over a few pints. I would hate Wednesday to be like Man City, passionately detest it. Football for many of us isn’t all about having the ‘best’ players – whatever that even means – there’s not much ‘great’ about Ronaldo and Rooney. It’s about being able to go to matches fundamentally, being able to afford them and get a ticket and be with REAL fans. F*ck all the glory hunters crawling out of the woodwork and normal fans being priced out of Hillsborough.

I’ve never been so happy to be an Owl as I am now. Real, passionate, loyal fans and a team and chairman to suit. Being stood on the back of the North on a cold Tuesday night, knowing everyone who is stood with you are there through thick and thin is the best feeling i can get at football. Would be happy to be in the Premiership if it didn’t come at too much of a cost; but it often does – at least have the capacity and open mindedness to consider such a thought and not arrogantly and ignorantly dismiss someone for raising it.

Roll on the Championship, i luv it.

Edited by winn_owl

Guest kiltonowl

Good post, some people's attitudes on here stink, the blokes trying to have a debate about something that’s interesting and not as clear cut as many of you are making out. I’ve discussed this with my mates plenty of times over a few pints. I would hate Wednesday to be like Man City, passionately detest it. Football for many of us isn’t all about having the ‘best’ players – whatever that even means – there’s not much ‘great’ about Ronaldo and Rooney. It’s about being able to go to matches fundamentally, being able to afford them and get a ticket and be with REAL fans. F*ck all the glory hunters crawling out of the woodwork and normal fans being priced out of Hillsborough.

I’ve never been so happy to be an Owl as I am now. Real, passionate, loyal fans and a team and chairman to suit. Being stood on the back of the North on a cold Tuesday night, knowing everyone who is stood with you are there through thick and thin is the best feeling i can get at football. Would be happy to be in the Premiership if it didn’t come at too much of a cost; but it often does – at least have the capacity and open mindedness to consider such a thought and not arrogantly and ignorantly dismiss someone for raising it.

Roll on the Championship, i luv it.

So you like being a big fish in a small pond, winning games against teams with less revenue, fans and history.

Its all about creating legacies, years that people remember such as 91 & 93.

This year was great, but imagine if we won a trophy such as the FA Cup, that will not happen unless we get into the premiership.

More to the point being in the premiership will generate much bigger attendances and therefore create a better atmosphere .