Do we really want Premiership football?

Guest phill1982

Guest coheed

It'd be interesting in a few seasons to get a City fans perspective. I mean a fan that followed them across the country back when they were in League One to where they will be in a couple of seasons basking in C/L glory but having had to watch it on TV as the £ got too much. Obviously it's the dream to want to become as sucessful as you can be, but at what price? The higher you go the further the club gets from it's real fan base, and maybe the lesser the connection to the club.

Edited by coheed

I want the Owls back where they belong. It is the only way I will get to see them on a regular basis.

I take your point about diving and whining but thats in every league now. I worry more about the low standard of the officials.

Hopefully they can get that squared away in the future. Hope fully Milan & co follow some baseball teams attitude that it is better to have lower ticket prices but more fans in the seats

UTO

I kind of know where the OP is coming from.

Last season was fantastic, we were winning games week in week out, pulling good crowds and taking huge away supports.

But if we went up to the PL we would likely be scraping around in the bottom 8. I hate seeing teams like Wigan and West Brom (not this year to be fair) having a champaign fuelled celebration at finishing 17th, there is no glory in that for me. There would be very little entertainment in seeing us win 10 games a season and get turned over by Arsenal 7-1 at their places and being on ESPN at 5:20 or against some no mark team on a tuesday night on Sky.

I would love to get back to the premier league but only if we are going to be able to genuinely compete at the right end (I'm not talking about top 4 obviously).

That and having to pay £45 for an away ticket at QPR or £50 at Arsenal etc.

But having said all that I'd still bite your hand off to give it a crack!

Just not bothered...

Let me see, do I prefer watching us beat Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and the like, or do I prefer watching us beat Wycombe, Yeovil and Exeter.

That's a toughie.

And how many times has that happened to teams not in the top 4 this season?

Just not bothered...

A dogfight to stay up, stupid match days, stupid kick off times, foreigners rolling around on floor after minimal contact, stupid prices.

The championship is like the old div 1 was in the early 90's, late 80's.

I wouldnt say no if we went up but is it really going to give the enjoyment factor that we have had this season and potentially next?

Does the pope sh!t in the woods?

Do we want football to exist?

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway

A dogfight to stay up, stupid match days, stupid kick off times, foreigners rolling around on floor after minimal contact, stupid prices.

The championship is like the old div 1 was in the early 90's, late 80's.

I wouldnt say no if we went up but is it really going to give the enjoyment factor that we have had this season and potentially next?

I'm sorry, are you that MASSIVE that you got promoted in to the premiership skipping the championship????

I'm sorry, are you that MASSIVE that you got promoted in to the premiership skipping the championship????

Elaborate

Guest coheed

Hypothetical question bell end.

Look at what Norwich and Swansea have done this season. Think any of their fans regret going up?

I want to see the best possible players we can get playing in blue and white and I want to see Hillsborough brought up to the standard it could be.

Premiership it is.

I kind of know where the OP is coming from.

Last season was fantastic, we were winning games week in week out, pulling good crowds and taking huge away supports.

But if we went up to the PL we would likely be scraping around in the bottom 8. I hate seeing teams like Wigan and West Brom (not this year to be fair) having a champaign fuelled celebration at finishing 17th, there is no glory in that for me. There would be very little entertainment in seeing us win 10 games a season and get turned over by Arsenal 7-1 at their places and being on ESPN at 5:20 or against some no mark team on a tuesday night on Sky.

I would love to get back to the premier league but only if we are going to be able to genuinely compete at the right end (I'm not talking about top 4 obviously).

That and having to pay £45 for an away ticket at QPR or £50 at Arsenal etc.

But having said all that I'd still bite your hand off to give it a crack!

Ironically, the last time we lost to Arsenal 7-1 at their place.............we finished 3rd. :rolleyes:

God forbid we ever get good enough to play in the Champions League. That would just be disastrous. Imagine having to watch world class players in real life instead of on tele.

The only downside I could possibly see to being in the premier league would be the fact that Milan would sell up

Getting a bit ahead of yourselves don't you think? You should be happy with consolidation. Tough league next season.

Oh well then, we had better all just stop dreaming and get whatever results the bookies say should happen.

Knobhead land?

No, Wigan.

Just not bothered...