Slight reality check

Guest foreverSWFC

Guest foreverSWFC

We were poor tonight, really scrappy and got a bit frustrated at times when we needed to be calm. I thought Madine was poor tonight, I know he scored the goal but for me the effort just wasn't there. Lowe should have buried early chances, but he finished the hardest one. Lines had a good game as did Antonio again.

We were unlucky at times but need to take our chances. Showed good character to get the late equaliser but improvement needed. UTO

Its funny how we see different things in the same game. I thought Madine was ok tonight with the rubbish service that the midfield were giving him. I thought Lines had a poor game with the exception of a couple of runs in the first half.

Edited by clud17

Wallsall defended the best I have seen any team - they got 3 players around every wednesday player everytime we had the ball - see why they have one of the best defences in the league (so the stats said!)

Anyway,out of jail card with a draw and could be a vital point earned in the end -

Had we put a couple of chances away in the 1st half it would have been a different story - the first half felt like the last week as if they were playing as if we were 3-0 up ....

Anyway, 3 points now a must on Saturday and hopefully the long break for piggies will affect them!

I thought we were by far the better side tonight, Walsall took their chances we didn't but that crucial point means we can still go second on Saturday with the pigs significantly having to play catch up for the first time in a while could be a MASSIVE advantage at this stage.

Guest totemowl

WTF... Wot did Lowe do wrong? Get a grip, quality player. Missed few chances as lots do but still made them chances and plodded on to score...AGAIN!!

!!! Lowe missed 3 easy chances in space from 10 yards out, any of which would have put us 1-0 up. Instead we got frightened and jittery because of that and finished up lucky to draw.

As for Madine (and the op) he worked as hard as anyone, or perhaps harder than anyone. Constantly clobbered by their defence but still managed good layoffs to Lowe and Antonio who wasted them. (Sorry, a bit harsh on Antonio).

Drop for who?

3 goals in 4 games. At least he's there to miss chances.

Well said Senwar - I can't believe the panick. Lowe and Madine have been doing the business recently. One bad game by the pair of them and the world is over. now even after the slight Walsall mishap. Its going to be close, we might just it or we might be in the playoffs. We need purely to get behind the team and then we can disect it all after the season.

UTO

A month ago Utd were 5 points ahead and 2 games in hand - things are much closer

Drop for who?

3 goals in 4 games. At least he's there to miss chances.

EH!?

AT LEAST HE'S THERE TO MISS CHANCES!?

That's what you say if you're at the bottom of the league!

Lowe misses far too many chances.

WTF... Wot did Lowe do wrong? Get a grip, quality player. Missed few chances as lots do but still made them chances and plodded on to score...AGAIN!!

Missed 3 chances in the first half and stopped counting in the second.

EH!?

AT LEAST HE'S THERE TO MISS CHANCES!?

That's what you say if you're at the bottom of the league!

Don't talk soft.

People used to say it would take Andy Cole 4 or 5 chances to score a goal. There's been many a top player that the same has been said about. In fact Mark Bright is a prime example for us.

Fact of the matter is - he's scored 3 in 4 - goals that overall have won us points. And it isn't his fault our defence conceded 2 soft goals.

Edited by senwar

Don't talk soft.

People used to say it would take Andy Cole 4 or 5 chances to score a goal. There's been many a top player that the same has been said about.

Fact of the matter is - he's scored 3 in 4 - goals that overall have won us points. And it isn't his fault our defence conceded 2 soft goals.

If he could covert more than 1 chance out of 5 then we we would've won..