Sean Scannell

He's only said we're interested.

If we don't sign him it doesn't mean Percy is wrong.

Serious?

It does. He's specified a player, which so far is backed by nothing. If i tweet we're interested in signing Ferrer Orosco from Cambridge and we don't, nor do we make any comment on it, that pretty much makes me wrong.

Edited by Furious George

Guest foreverSWFC

Serious?

It does. He's specified a player, which so far is backed by nothing. If i tweet we're interested in signing Ferrer Orosco from Cambridge and we don't, nor do we make any comment on it, that pretty much makes me wrong.

But Percy has a history of getting things bang on. He is very credible and wouldn't comment on something if it was rubbish.

Percy isn't bang on "every time" at all.

He's clearly informed to some degree, more than the rest of us bums anyway, but he's a "throw enough and hope some sticks" merchant.

Bringing up isolated incidents where he's been right means nothing. However I would be very happy if, in the unlikely event, he's right about this.

Never right is he?

Bennett, Batth, Lines, Marshall, Bostock, Beevers to MK, Clinton to MK, Coke to Bury, Mcgoldrick, Watt, Llera, our offer for Le Fondre in which radio sheffield said wasn't true and then Turned out to be true, Antonio and Bywater are all players he's said before we've signed them.

Very very accurate. Most people who say he doesn't know this and that don't use twitter and would realise who the liers are.

Never right is he?

Bennett, Batth, Lines, Marshall, Bostock, Beevers to MK, Clinton to MK, Coke to Bury, Mcgoldrick, Watt, Llera, our offer for Le Fondre in which radio sheffield said wasn't true and then Turned out to be true, Antonio and Bywater are all players he's said before we've signed them.

Very very accurate. Most people who say he doesn't know this and that don't use twitter and would realise who the liers are.

And now Megson has gone....he better be right with Scannell otherwise its a 0% strikerate.

Guest foreverSWFC

Percy isn't bang on "every time" at all.

He's clearly informed to some degree, more than the rest of us bums anyway, but he's a "throw enough and hope some sticks" merchant.

Bringing up isolated incidents where he's been right means nothing. However I would be very happy if, in the unlikely event, he's right about this.

From my memory the following is what Percy has got right:

First to break the news on Semedo and Bennett.

He also broke the news on Lloyd Dyer, Mandaric went onto confirm we were in for him.

Also broke the news the on McGoldrick and Bywater.

Broke that Ryan Lowe was signing.

First to announce Bostock was signing on loan.

And broke the interest in Antonio in November, but said he didn't want to move because of family reasons, which was correct.

Ferrie Bodde interest, which Megson went onto confirm was true.

I'm sure there are alot more.

Percy breaks the news, Owlstalk picks up on it (usually Ecclesall Owl is first), then Seth or Rob will tweet about it, other media outlets pick up on it, then the club will adress the situation. That is the chain of how news breaks at SWFC. FACT.

From my memory the following is what Percy has got right:

First to break the news on Semedo and Bennett.

He also broke the news on Lloyd Dyer, Mandaric went onto confirm we were in for him.

Also broke the news the on McGoldrick and Bywater.

Broke that Ryan Lowe was signing.

First to announce Bostock was signing on loan.

And broke the interest in Antonio in November, but said he didn't want to move because of family reasons, which was correct.

Ferrie Bodde interest, which Megson went onto confirm was true.

I'm sure there are alot more.

Percy breaks the news, Owlstalk picks up on it (usually Ecclesall Owl is first), then Seth or Rob will tweet about it, other media outlets pick up on it, then the club will adress the situation. That is the chain of how news breaks at SWFC. FACT.

What a memory! Links?

Never right is he?

Are you able to quote me saying he "never" gets it right?

No? OK then.

Look, I know it's not the done thing to question Percy, and seriously some of you boys get your knickers wound up so quickly when anyone does it's hilarious, but all I'm suggesting is that Fanhouse Percy isn't some holy fountain of truth like many seem to think he is. Like I quite clearly said above, he's obviously in a position of knowledge above most others, but he doesn't have a 100% accuracy when reporting news.

There are people on this forum who see his name linked and immediately assume whatever he's saying is going to happen, as if he's never got anything wrong or miss-reported a single leak.

Respect Percy. Usually a day ahead of mainstream media - as most recently evidenced by Sam to Notts County. Never seen him misreport anything - he just seems to report what he hears. Misreporting suggests negligence or deception.

He said we were trying for Henderson. He said we were trying for Scannell. I didn't expect the first to happen, it didn't, and I don't expect the second to happen. But I can believe that we were 'trying' for both players.

It's good to see we're being linked with these sort of players - young players who can go somewhere in the game. Jones said it had been a culture shock coming to L1 and the players that were interested, or weren't interested, as case may be. He might have to lower his expectations if he wants anyone in soon.

But it bodes well for the future that he only seems to be interested in bringing best players available to the club. Think we'll make some cracking signings in the summer, especially if we're in league above.

http://snapbird.org/

Not sure how far back it goes, but you can search his tweets for swfc and see what comes up. There'll be a mix bag of hits and misses, but you'd expect that. How many of the misses go unreported is another matter to consider.

e.g.

John__Percy #PompeyFC waiting for permission from FL to re-sign #WBA midfielder George Thorne. #SWFC want Michail Antonio from #ReadingFC on loan7:27 PM Feb 17th from Twitter for BlackBerry®

OS confirmation was 21st

Edited by bigrbuk

Percy is usually bang on the money, whether the players end up at hillsborough or not is out of hands, but he's usually the first to break through with the player...

If you can post someone who has better knowledge feel free to.

Are you able to quote me saying he "never" gets it right?

No? OK then.

Look, I know it's not the done thing to question Percy, and seriously some of you boys get your knickers wound up so quickly when anyone does it's hilarious, but all I'm suggesting is that Fanhouse Percy isn't some holy fountain of truth like many seem to think he is. Like I quite clearly said above, he's obviously in a position of knowledge above most others, but he doesn't have a 100% accuracy when reporting news.

There are people on this forum who see his name linked and immediately assume whatever he's saying is going to happen, as if he's never got anything wrong or miss-reported a single leak.

Some people get really upset if you question John Percy! Not really sure why.

My gut feeling is that it was Earnshaw that we had lined up last week. He was 5th choice at Cardiff and with Malky Mackay looking for another forward, word was he was going out on loan. They've been unable to recruit anyone and injury has now given Earnshaw a chance to get back in the squad He's played the last two games off the bench. Personally don't think there's anything in the Scannell story as he's an integral part of their squad.

Guest Sheff Owl

DJ refuses to comment on links with Scannell.

He say's that is he is still trying to work out where all these rumours come from, he's sure people just sit there and make names up for clubs.