Wednesday till I die?

Guest EvanSwfc

I'd go if we were played my local pub team, it's Bury but so what? If people want to watch the Manchester Uniteds and Chelseas of this world, get a Sky subscription.

To be honest we are fvckin' lucky to be still getting 20'000 for the biggest games...on the sunniest afternoon...cos this is not a fvckin' blip...a couple of seasons in the wilderness...this is a fvckin' slump of mammoth proportions that has been further exascerbated by fans being alienated, slagged sued...shafted...

THere are not many clubs that could get any sort of crowd on a Tuesday night...against Bury...Champions league on the telly after going through a Decade of despondency like Wednesday have just gone through....

WE get Bolton fans on here...rippin' it...for fvcks sake...If they had spent 15 years outtta the top flight....and a lot of that in the 3rd tier of English football theyde be lucky to reach double figures...Charlton the fvckin' same....

If The Blades don't go up this year..there will be 12'000 unshoed fckers trotting down there next year....

I was bloody grateful Owls fans turned out last Sunday...grateful to know the fvckers were still there...and prepared to bloody toddle down....after being smacked in the bloody face for 15 years..it proves they are still holding a love for a club that has done nowt bar let them down for over a decade...

To be honest we are fvckin' lucky to be still getting 20'000 for the biggest games...on the sunniest afternoon...cos this is not a fvckin' blip...a couple of seasons in the wilderness...this is a fvckin' slump of mammoth proportions that has been further exascerbated by fans being alienated, slagged sued...shafted...

THere are not many clubs that could get any sort of crowd on a Tuesday night...against Bury...Champions league on the telly after going through a Decade of despondency like Wednesday have just gone through....

WE get Bolton fans on here...rippin' it...for fvcks sake...If they had spent 15 years outtta the top flight....and a lot of that in the 3rd tier of English football theyde be lucky to reach double figures...Charlton the fvckin' same....

If The Blades don't go up this year..there will be 12'000 unshoed fckers trotting down there next year....

I was bloody grateful Owls fans turned out last Sunday...grateful to know the fvckers were still there...and prepared to bloody toddle down....after being smacked in the bloody face for 15 years..it proves they are still holding a love for a club that has done nowt bar let them down for over a decade...

Well said as per.

Bloody Great post mate, nail on the head!!!

Me Wednesday till I die? Never.

Wednesday forever simple as! I may shuttle off this mortal coil soon enough but my love for Wednesday will never die and I will keep looking in on them on a Saturday afternoon.

"I'm not setting foot in Hillsborough until..."

I've come to detest this phrase. I did have a year's break from a season ticket while Allen was around but it's ridiculous now. The manager farts and "I'm not setting foot ..... "

Guest Buxtonian

Can't understand a lot of so-called Wednesdayites.The Manager gets sacked so it's 'I'm not setting foot...'.Don't forget that any Manager is only as good as the team that goes onto the field. The manager doesn't win or lose games. Yes, he can inspire players,pick Joe Bloggs at Centre middle, send Fred Nerk on as sub etc. but it is still the eleven men on the field who win or lose the game.

I often think back to some of the old time players and think 'If only so and so had been playing.' It's useless.

My son is expecting to have to move next year to the States because of his work and is in the process of clearing out. He called on Sat and held his hand to me and said 'I think this is yours, I think it belonged to Grandad' It was. It was something he wore PROUDLY all his life (mine went to my nephew) It was his old Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club Badge, and it now holds pride of place alongside the 'new' wednesday badge on my matchday coat. The reason for this is that I don't support GM or DJ or Ron Atkinson, or Trevor Francis, or even Eric Taylor (shows how old it is) , much as I appreciated them, but because I support Sheffield Wednesday!

Guest highamowl

this debate is old and pointless. Of course there are fans that will go to some games and not others, and they will all have their reasons. this does not mean that they are better or worse fans, it means they have different priorities, or commitments, which shape their lives.

Sheffield United is an attractive fixture for both wednesday fans and neutrals. Bury is not. Its simple really. Not everyone can go to every game, and whilst paying an over the top price for a poor product people will quite rightly pick and choose.

Some people will go to every game no matter what, and well done to them....they are important for the club. But so are the fans who can make it tonight and not at the weekend or the other way round, or the fans that buy Wednesday World, or the fans that travel hundreds of miles to make one or two games a season.

We now have a core fan base, we have bottomed out and its clear what we're left with...

Unfortunately for Milan its easy to lose fans, but incredibly difficult to claw them back, he's picked up a tortured, disrespected, and disilusioned fan base.

Regardless of results in League 1, whether we steam every game, you still wouldnt see much more than 20k a week.