The Official Mandaric Anger Amnesty Thread

Said this in a previous thread....

The timing of the sacking has shocked everyone, it feels as if we have been brought down to earth with a bang after the win at the weekend.

I honestly did not want Dave Jones anywhere near the club. I felt sick just thinking about it and at one point was honestly contemplating never going again.

But a line has to be drawn in the sand. Your either a Sheffield Wednesday supporter or your just a fan when things are going well. Whats done is done and I think its about time we trusted the people running the club to make the right decisions and get behind the players, the team and the new manager. Anything else is just a negative and counter-productive.

WAWAW ?

There seems to be a split in the fanbase at a crucial time of the season. Its about time people moved on and accepted it. No amount of keyboard bashing and complaining on phone-ins is going to change anything.

Lets to what we do best and get behind the team. Not just tomorrow, not just for the rest of the season, but all of the time.

Lets at least give the new boss a chance. Theres still plenty to play for this season.

I couldn't get on OT when I was angriest.

By sometime on Thursday I had become more rational and realised that whatever reasons you make think, Milan wants what is best for the club and though I disagree he made his decision for the right reasons. He clearly believes he had to do this and is upset when people suggest motives other than to benefit the club.

We now need to get over it and get behind Milan, get behind Mr Jones and most importantly get behind Sheffield Wednesday!!

UTO

I couldn't get on OT when I was angriest.

By sometime on Thursday I had become more rational and realised that whatever reasons you make think, Milan wants what is best for the club and though I disagree he made his decision for the right reasons. He clearly believes he had to do this and is upset when people suggest motives other than to benefit the club.

We now need to get over it and get behind Milan, get behind Mr Jones and most importantly get behind Sheffield Wednesday!!

UTO

Well said. UTO.

I was, and remain, gutted that GM had to go. At no point have I felt any different about Milan though. He was a ruthless business man with his own motives when he bought the club, and that's no different now. Whether those motives are about turning a profit, feeding his ego through success, or just a general love of being involved in football (probably a combination of all three), doesn't matter. We know what we've got with Milan. He's not a Wednesdayite born-n-bred; but he wants sucess all the same. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Now, whether we agree with his decisions or not, he has his money invested in the club, and he will suceed/fail as a result of those decisions. So if he thinks DJ will do a better job in the current circumstances than GM, so be it.

I'm glad Milan came in. I'm glad he's still here. I'm glad Megson came in, and would prefer him to still be here. Once he'd gone, we needed a new manager. So I'm now glad that DJ is here. Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Mr Jones!

UTO

lol:milan:gary megson

excellent conversion of my thoughts to words I would only add I do not regret one word of the criticism of the timing - We are all individuals who unify together to support our team but it isn't stepford wednesday however grateful we are of him seeing the profit in us to save us

For me now it is onwards upwards

Edited by steelowl

excellent conversion of my thoughts to words I would only add I do not regret one word of the criticism of the timing - We are all individuals who unify together to support our team but it isn't stepford wednesday however grateful we are of him seeing the profit in us to save us

For me now it is onwards upwards

Youre right. We don't want to ba assimilated into one big 'Yes' fan but we do need to unite for the good of the team.

Debate is good.

Guest JC Saviour

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but here goes.

A lot of OwlsTalkers were very angry about Megson's sacking; some still may be. It occurred to me that, in their anger, some OwlsTalkers may find theirselves in a position where they feel that they raged a little too much but still have the same opinion about the sacking or now see things differently after the dust has settled.

Over the last few days, I have seen real anger and fury from people attacking and defending Milan Mandaric. However, we need to come together again and try to rekindle the sense of unity the we had.

Can I offer this thread as an amnesty to those who felt that they went a little to far and now want to get back to normal debate without having to publicly having to flog themselves?

One thing was clear from day one regarding Manderic. !st, he his a ruthless businessman. 2nd His loyalties lie with his wealth and 3rd he doesn't necessariy give people/employees the opportunity to come good. Was 7 managers in 5 years at leicester, 3 managers at SWFC in 18 months. One thing for sure supporting the owls is that it is one big roundabout in large cicus. This club is crying out for stability but there isn't any light at the end of e tunnel whilst we have a chairman who wields the axe prematurely. Let's see what the rest of the season brings. By the way, all these happy clappers claiming he saved our club. Get real, if it wasn't Manderic coming in at the eleventh hour someone else would have done. He bought a viable business for peanuts.

Can i very sheepishly appologise for some of the drivel i spouted both on here and other media outlets (sorry grandad) the red mist just decended.

Its been slowly clearing but that blast of Hot air Joe Ashton spouted on RS last finally shifted it. Will be fully behind DJ today at Rochdale. WTID

Glad to see it Kev. Up the Owls and onwards and upwards!

I was absolutely gutted and devastated when Megson was sacked.

However, i support Sheffield Wednesday, the club.

Managers, players, chairman, they all come and go, the club and my love and passion for the club does not.

Whoever the manager is, whoever the chairman is, whoever the players are, i will still support my beloved Sheffield Wednesday.

I may not agree with every decision the manager or chairman makes, i may not have faith in every one of our players' ability, but wouldn't life be boring if I did?

Be all and end all i am wednesday , my post's on the situation were said in anger and hurt ;moreso because GM got sacked supposedly for bad results

Where as Milan could have altered this when we needed quality players in the january transfer window, Gm should have been backed then ,

If this had happend perhaps situations on the wins/ losses would have been different ,thus leading to this needless sacking possibly not happening ,

THEREFORE i will agree to the amnesty as ,shandypants has asked in a sensible way ,unlike Madowl who insists people are morons,who dissagree and have a different view on the situation ,i wish DJ well and have at no time thought anything different ,But he has to prove he is the man to take us forward, same as would any manager

Guest peteowl106

By the way, all these happy clappers claiming he saved our club. Get real, if it wasn't Manderic coming in at the eleventh hour someone else would have done. He bought a viable business for peanuts.

Are you being serious?

In case you've forgotten, there wasn't a long queue of people with enough money to resolve our financial problems.

Be all and end all i am wednesday , my post's on the situation were said in anger and hurt ;moreso because GM got sacked supposedly for bad results

Where as Milan could have altered this when we needed quality players in the january transfer window, Gm should have been backed then ,

If this had happend perhaps situations on the wins/ losses would have been different ,thus leading to this needless sacking possibly not happening ,

We didn't need more quality to avoid defeats to Chessie, Stevenage and Exeter and losing those games is why we were falling away in the race at the top

When the dust settles i'm sure people will start to come round to the fact that GM did a steady, respectable job and no more