The Official Mandaric Anger Amnesty Thread

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but here goes.

A lot of OwlsTalkers were very angry about Megson's sacking; some still may be. It occurred to me that, in their anger, some OwlsTalkers may find theirselves in a position where they feel that they raged a little too much but still have the same opinion about the sacking or now see things differently after the dust has settled.

Over the last few days, I have seen real anger and fury from people attacking and defending Milan Mandaric. However, we need to come together again and try to rekindle the sense of unity the we had.

Can I offer this thread as an amnesty to those who felt that they went a little to far and now want to get back to normal debate without having to publicly having to flog themselves?

I've read comments such as 'burn Milan on the stake' and 'he's an idiot', or similar by many owlstalkers in the last few days. I admit most of that was said in the heat of the moment but most of them knew they would look silly afterwards and they have looked silly and extremely naive.

I've always backed Mandaric over the sacking of Megson, why? Because I can move on. Because I accept that winning 3/11 isn't acceptable. Because I'm a Wednesday fan and not a Megson fan. Maybe it's also because I wasn't alive when he use to play for us as well. Great guy though, I feel it would be unfair for me not to remember him because I really enjoyed moments in his tenure more than I have under other managers and he has really transformed us dramatically on the pitch from the embarrassments of last campaign.

I'm part of the Dave Jones Barmy army now and I'm so excited to see what he can do, it's for the good of everyone to back him, and drop all this 'he's a backstabber' and 'Milans an idiot', talk. It really is so narrow minded.

Anyway, I'm Wednesday til I die. Let's see what Dave can do.

Guest krisswfc1

I'll probably get slaughtered for this but here goes.

A lot of OwlsTalkers were very angry about Megson's sacking; some still may be. It occurred to me that, in their anger, some OwlsTalkers may find theirselves in a position where they feel that they raged a little too much but still have the same opinion about the sacking or now see things differently after the dust has settled.

Over the last few days, I have seen real anger and fury from people attacking and defending Milan Mandaric. However, we need to come together again and try to rekindle the sense of unity the we had.

Can I offer this thread as an amnesty to those who felt that they went a little to far and now want to get back to normal debate without having to publicly having to flog themselves?

agreed

Guest intercity0wl

Can i very sheepishly appologise for some of the drivel i spouted both on here and other media outlets (sorry grandad) the red mist just decended.

Its been slowly clearing but that blast of Hot air Joe Ashton spouted on RS last finally shifted it. Will be fully behind DJ today at Rochdale. WTID

I've read comments such as 'burn Milan on the stake' and 'he's an idiot', or similar by many owlstalkers in the last few days. I admit most of that was said in the heat of the moment but most of them knew they would look silly afterwards and they have looked silly and extremely naive.

I've always backed Mandaric over the sacking of Megson, why? Because I can move on. Because I accept that winning 3/11 isn't acceptable. Because I'm a Wednesday fan and not a Megson fan. Maybe it's also because I wasn't alive when he use to play for us as well. Great guy though, I feel it would be unfair for me not to remember him because I really enjoyed moments in his tenure more than I have under other managers and he has really transformed us dramatically on the pitch from the embarrassments of last campaign.

I'm part of the Dave Jones Barmy army now and I'm so excited to see what he can do, it's for the good of everyone to back him, and drop all this 'he's a backstabber' and 'Milans an idiot', talk. It really is so narrow minded.

Anyway, I'm Wednesday til I die. Let's see what Dave can do.

Top man.

Can i very sheepishly appologise for some of the drivel i spouted both on here and other media outlets (sorry grandad) the red mist just decended.

Its been slowly clearing but that blast of Hot air Joe Ashton spouted on RS last finally shifted it. Will be fully behind DJ today at Rochdale. WTID

Well done. Top lad.

To be honest I think there's been a MASSIVE over-reaction. Yes Megson was one of us, yes he'd just won the derby, no imo he shouldn't have been sacked. But we have to look at the facts. We were in a terrible run, 3 wins from 10, we've played some terrible football and lost some teams that we should be comfortably beating. In truth we although we were getting results earlier on, we never looked as convincing as our promotion rivals. Would Megson have turned it round? We'll never know. As a club and as fans we have to move on and trust Milan's decision, we sure as hell can't change it. We can either get back to supporting the team or we can self implode

Edited by Blueblood

Guest bigblue

I was, and remain, gutted that GM had to go. At no point have I felt any different about Milan though. He was a ruthless business man with his own motives when he bought the club, and that's no different now. Whether those motives are about turning a profit, feeding his ego through success, or just a general love of being involved in football (probably a combination of all three), doesn't matter. We know what we've got with Milan. He's not a Wednesdayite born-n-bred; but he wants sucess all the same. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Now, whether we agree with his decisions or not, he has his money invested in the club, and he will suceed/fail as a result of those decisions. So if he thinks DJ will do a better job in the current circumstances than GM, so be it.

I'm glad Milan came in. I'm glad he's still here. I'm glad Megson came in, and would prefer him to still be here. Once he'd gone, we needed a new manager. So I'm now glad that DJ is here. Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Mr Jones!

UTO

lol:milan:gary megson

I was, and remain, gutted that GM had to go. At no point have I felt any different about Milan though. He was a ruthless business man with his own motives when he bought the club, and that's no different now. Whether those motives are about turning a profit, feeding his ego through success, or just a general love of being involved in football (probably a combination of all three), doesn't matter. We know what we've got with Milan. He's not a Wednesdayite born-n-bred; but he wants sucess all the same. Nothing has changed in that regard.

Now, whether we agree with his decisions or not, he has his money invested in the club, and he will suceed/fail as a result of those decisions. So if he thinks DJ will do a better job in the current circumstances than GM, so be it.

I'm glad Milan came in. I'm glad he's still here. I'm glad Megson came in, and would prefer him to still be here. Once he'd gone, we needed a new manager. So I'm now glad that DJ is here. Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday Mr Jones!

UTO

lol:milan:gary megson

Top post.

Seems as though the amnesties working shandy pants. Not surprised though mate. We have the best fans in the world!

They (whoevever they are) say 'it's not how you fall, it's how you rise' - the Owls fans will rise again! That's why we have the best fans in the world.

I'm sticking by my comments and feel they'll be justified when we're in this league again next season.

I'll be at Rochdale though and all the other games giving Dave Jones 100% backing.

I know the blame doesn't lie with him.

Fair enough. That's what this thread is for. Well done.

I'm sticking by my comments and feel they'll be justified when we're in this league again next season.

I'll be at Rochdale though and all the other games giving Dave Jones 100% backing.

Exactly, not everyone has to totally agree with the events of this week of course they won't. But as you say you'll be backing the manager and that's what counts as supporters. We will always have our opinions etc won't we. You have to admit some on here have been an embarrassment over the last few days.

Edited by OwlTheEnchanter

So will you eat humble pie when we get promotion lol

i have always backed every manager we have had be it charlton or yorath dave jones will be no different i wish him well and just hope he's given time to get the job done . as for the chairman he's the man in charge and as to do what he deems is fit wether some of us disagree is neither here nor there he's not the 1st chairman to cop some abuse and i'm sure he wont be the last .

i have always backed every manager we have had be it charlton or yorath dave jones will be no different i wish him well and just hope he's given time to get the job done . as for the chairman he's the man in charge and as to do what he deems is fit wether some of us disagree is neither here nor there he's not the 1st chairman to cop some abuse and i'm sure he wont be the last .

Top lad.

You're right about MM. He's a big lad - I'm sure he'll move on. I had a bit of a chuckle when I saw MM raging as it appeared a bit comedy and was may be for effect, however, it could very well have been sincere.