Dave Jones, 13 Games to save his job?

So, Milan believes best chance of promotion was to sack Megson and bring in Dave Jones.

I presume he means this season, so what happens if it doesn't happen?

Do we sack him?

Or do we give him next season?

Is it 13 games to save his job?

What's the **** is happening?

So, Milan believes best chance of promotion was to sack Megson and bring in Dave Jones.

I presume he means this season, so what happens if it doesn't happen?

Do we sack him?

Or do we give him next season?

Is it 13 games to save his job?

What's the **** is happening?

But we both know that was just hot air for the press to give it a veneer of respectability and consideration. The real reasons had little or nothing to do with performances on the pitch

Seeing as we can only drop about 9 points to reach our goal, I dont really know what he expects the new manager to do? Its looking like the playoffs regardless.

The outcome of the season will be no different to if Megson stayed IMO, other than this turmoil could make things worse.

Guest foreverSWFC

Mandaric will be gone by the end of the season. He doesn't really care about the club and his future, as the developments of last night showed.

Seeing as we can only drop about 9 points to reach our goal, I dont really know what he expects the new manager to do? Its looking like the playoffs regardless.

The outcome of the season will be no different to if Megson stayed IMO, other than this turmoil could make things worse.

MM must believe that the play offs will end differently with a new man in charge.

Megson had the end of last season and this season to convince Mandaric.

I suspect the new manager will get the same - play off victory this season or be running away with the league by Christmas next year.

At last it's like the train has left the station and Mandaric is shovelling coal from the tender and into the engine.

If Megson was sacked because of his performance over the last 10 games, chances are we could be on to our third manager by the end of the season.

Perhaps MM has interviewed Dave Jones' replacement already.

Come on pal,do you seriously believe this is down to results? They`ve had a bust up of all bust ups and i`m afraid theres only one winner when that happens.

But we both know that was just hot air for the press to give it a veneer of respectability and consideration. The real reasons had little or nothing to do with performances on the pitch

I know.

Point still stands though. Milan has a fixation with promotion this season, despite not providing the budget to gain a top two finish. Even before the break down in the relationship between Megson/Mandaric he's often harped on about promotion this season and how he'll lose more money if we don't go up.

Well Megson had just as much, if not more chance of getting us up, than Dave Jones. Surely Megson/Aldridge should have just put there ego's and there relationship to one side and seen the season out. Then sack Megson regardless of promotion or not.

I'm honestly baffled by what these sort of people think.

I feel sorry for Dave Jones here too. Really the only thing that will be seen as success is promotion, with the majority of the fanbase.

Good luck with that one Dave.