Liverpool quarter final. Milk Cup. ? We're you in Leppings Lane End

Guest kentowl

We started in the NW corner , then climbed into the West at half time. Shelton missed an open net )header) at 2-1 , then they got a penalty at the death. The replay was the famous one with one of our best ever followings. They let us have 14k -imagine that now!- and the snow was awful. They , well Ian Rush , saw us off. We were singing "we'll be back" , and , after winning promotion at the end of that season , we won there 2-0 (the Varadi goal with Owls jumping out of the Kemlyn Rd seats onto the pitch ). Heady times singing "we said we'd be back , and we are , and we are"

Yes I was on the West Stand - I would have been 10 or 11 and with my Dad and Uncle. Recently repeated the away day experience with my son who is 8. Even appeared in one of Neil's photos.

This is what being Wednesday is about - generation after generation being Wednesday through and through. Following on from my rather criticised thread "Have With All Calmed Down Yet" this is what I was trying to get across, regardless of what happens between now and the end of the season, we have a lot to thank GM and more importantly MM for without getting on their backs.

Que all the happy clapper posts!

Guest mrbluesky

I can remember this being my 3rd game. Over 50,000 in Hillsborough what a night.

Me and Mrs Madowl were in Leppings Lane end crammed in. We had one half Liverpool had other half.

Caught a blue plastic ball kicked by players at start of match. A nightmare coming out absolute mayhem !!

Looking back it was a tremendous atmosphere but I can understand the problems that would unfold later on that very same terrace.

Nice one madowl i was telling my mates about this and they didnt believe me!!as you look at the upper west we were sat to the right i went with my dad i think their was only a line of stewards seperating us, i remeber it being an amazing atmo no trouble to my knowledge and my dad was chatting to a group of pool fans outside who thought our shirt of the time was the best in the league!(barring theres of course)

My memory is poo , but is that the game we drew 2-2, but lost the replay 3-0 at Anfield, if so I was at both games. All I remember of the 2-2 game was, we were leading 2-1, and we missed a sitter at the kop end, I'm not sure who it was, it may have been Shelton but I'm not 100%

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I was in the North Stand, aged 11. I still vividly remember getting to the top of the gangway and just stopping, staring, and saying "look at the Kop". It was an unbelievable sight, absolutely full, I'd never seen it like that before. Or since, obviously. For the young 'uns (well, those under about 35) who won't have seen it like that, it was the old standing uncovered odd shaped Kop and it looked bloody fantastic.

Yes i was in NW corner for that game, Stood at front of 2nd tier if that makes sense 7year old and remember the Away game going in a mini bus and not getting back til about 3am. I'm sure we went thru mersey tunnel 2/3 times aswell.

One of my first memorys of Wednesday and dont think we will ever have nights like that again tbh.

Yes i was in NW corner for that game, Stood at front of 2nd tier if that makes sense 7year old and remember the Away game going in a mini bus and not getting back til about 3am. I'm sure we went thru mersey tunnel 2/3 times aswell.

One of my first memorys of Wednesday and dont think we will ever have nights like that again tbh.

I might not, but you will believe me.

Guest Mexican Owls

I was in the Leppings lane end, i must have been about 12 or 13,i think !! maybe someone could tell me the year and then i will work out how old i was !!!

I remember that the Leppings lane end was full of Wednesday and Liverpool fans all mixed together !! not sure why though, i could hardly see, so some Liverpool fans took it in turns for me too sit on their shoulders, i also remember them sharing a hip flask of Whisky with my dad at half time. Hillsborough was packed that night

Lets hope those good times come back soon !!!

I also remember 40,000 against Burnley on a Tuesday night,i must have been about 12, my brother in law took me, my sister had bought him some new Cords that day !!!haha, he put the tickets in his back pocket, when we got too the turnstyle he had lost them, we started walking back up Leppings Lane with our heads down, looking for them, it was a dark night and thousands of fans walking towards us, we had no chance of finding them, then i a guy stopped us and asked if we had lost something, we said yes, tickets, he said are these them ??? he had found them and was taking them to the ticket office !!!! He wouldnt even take a drink of my brother in law.

What a night, and we won 4 nil too !!!

MEMORIES !!!!

I remember this, on the kop with my dad..we got in an hour and a half early to get our favourite spot halfway up the kop.

I can't remember much about the game, apart from getting scared every time Hodgey went walkabout outside his penalty area.

I know we matched them though, but they were too strong at Anfield. My first away game was the league game at Anfield the next season " we said we'd be back..and we are, and we are".

I wonder if we drew Liverpool in the cup these days we would have a sell out? probably not because it would be on the telly.

Dont remeber the Liverpool one, but can recall the Burnley game. Was sat right by the crows nest on the North, missed the 1st goal as my Dad & me were queing to get in, got in after about 15mins my Dad then made us leave just before the end and we missed the last goal

Liverpool game - Robinson did Mick Lyons early doors. Lyons had to go off ... thought he wa done for. Then Alan Smith calls ref attention .... Nothing happened for what seemed an age then Lyons comes running up the tunnel back on to the pitch. Noise when he cane back on .. Goose bumps thinking about it now.

Vs burnley .. First time I can recall hearing the 'old' south stand singing with the rest of the ground.

The Hillsborough 'Cathedral' for a big game with owls playing with passion ... Maybe the guys pilling on the stripes tonight could repay the faith of the fans and play with the same passion

Regards to all from Perth WA

I was in the Leppings Lane end in the North West corner with me Dad.

What stands out for me was how few Liverpool fans on the night there was possibly less then 1,500, segregated on the bottom tier of leppings lane towards the South stand side, pretty sure we had all the West stand too which makes around 48,000 Wednesdayites on the night !

Remember it was pretty chaotic trying to leave the ground at the end.