Liverpool quarter final. Milk Cup. ? We're you in Leppings Lane End

I was in the Leppings lane end, i must have been about 12 or 13,i think !! maybe someone could tell me the year and then i will work out how old i was !!!

I remember that the Leppings lane end was full of Wednesday and Liverpool fans all mixed together !! not sure why though, i could hardly see, so some Liverpool fans took it in turns for me too sit on their shoulders, i also remember them sharing a hip flask of Whisky with my dad at half time. Hillsborough was packed that night

Lets hope those good times come back soon !!!

I also remember 40,000 against Burnley on a Tuesday night,i must have been about 12, my brother in law took me, my sister had bought him some new Cords that day !!!haha, he put the tickets in his back pocket, when we got too the turnstyle he had lost them, we started walking back up Leppings Lane with our heads down, looking for them, it was a dark night and thousands of fans walking towards us, we had no chance of finding them, then i a guy stopped us and asked if we had lost something, we said yes, tickets, he said are these them ??? he had found them and was taking them to the ticket office !!!! He wouldnt even take a drink of my brother in law.

What a night, and we won 4 nil too !!!

MEMORIES !!!!

.....Yeah the 5-0 Burnley q/f was a fantastic night ...Carl Shutts goal brought the house down!!!...a brilliant atmosphere was on the kop for that and the Liverpool game...

.....Yeah the 5-0 Burnley q/f was a fantastic night ...Carl Shutts goal brought the house down!!!...a brilliant atmosphere was on the kop for that and the Liverpool game...

This is the Burnley QF in 1983 and the Carl Shutt who signed for us in 85-86 you're talking about, right?

I also remember 40,000 against Burnley on a Tuesday night,i must have been about 12, my brother in law took me, my sister had bought him some new Cords that day !!!haha, he put the tickets in his back pocket, when we got too the turnstyle he had lost them, we started walking back up Leppings Lane with our heads down, looking for them, it was a dark night and thousands of fans walking towards us, we had no chance of finding them, then i a guy stopped us and asked if we had lost something, we said yes, tickets, he said are these them ??? he had found them and was taking them to the ticket office !!!! He wouldnt even take a drink of my brother in law. What a night, and we won 4 nil too !!! MEMORIES !!!!

we got 5 against burnley ... a certain gary megson making it 3-0 just before half time lol

I was on the South Stand with my mates. I was about 14 or 15 years old and me and my mates managed to get free tickets from some charity that had approached our school asking for volunteers to do 'flag day' collections at the match. We accepted the offer and, as far as we could see, the only downfall was that we had to wait 5 minutes into the game before we could go to our seats. We got into the game with the message from our teacher still ringing in our ears - 'we were representing the school and should be on our best behaviour and that taking money from charity collections wasn't only morally wrong but would result in expulsion from school'. The collection went great - plenty of money going in the plastic flag day collection jar things which filled up very quickly but then me and my mates became obsessed with trying to shake money out of the plastic flag day collection jar things (we had different morals then plus I was a 15 year old lad that wanted to buy cider), however, we failed miserably and didn't get a bean (well designed those plastic flag day collection jar things). The problem came when it was time to go to our seats - you guessed it; we had spent so long unsuccesfully trying to 'embezzle' the charity out of a few coppers that when we got to the seats they were taken by other people. Big lads who told us to '**** off or we'll fill you in!'. We went to the nearest steward who told us to sit in the aisle next to the Kop. Unfortunately for me and my mates, the Kop was rammed full and we took flipping dogs' abuse all game from the Wednesdayites on the Kop next to the South because we were obscuring their view. I had to kneel down all of the game, which was very uncomfortable and with the abuse that I was getting I didn't enjoy the game as much as I should.

Looking back, I think it must have been Karma because if we hadn't tried to be such sticky fingered little scroats on that night then we could have very likely got to our seats before the big agressive lads took them. Crime definitely doesn't pay!!!

Edited by shandypants

Best atmosphere ever at a Wednesday match. That game and Kaiserslautern. I was 11 or 12 and on the North. Fond memories. Didn't Varadi score? We went 2-0 up in the home game before drawing 2-2 and lost replay 5-0. Sure I've still for the programme. Souness and Mikle Lyons on the front. Hope my 8 yr-old son experiences something half as good

I was in the Leppings Lane end for the Liverpool game. I would have been about 17 and went on my own. I remember after the game being terrified moving through the tunnel to get out, not just cos my feet were off the floor but because it was so dark as well. I'm sure there were no lights in the tunnel.

The atmosphere at the that game was one of the best that I have been to. Also went to the Burnley game.

Similar scary experiences of getting into games, rather than out, was Barnsley away. Must have been in the days when it was pay on the gate, and the away end was a big wedge shape narrowing to 2 or 3 turnstiles. The crush was so bad one year that coppers were stood on the top of the turnstiles dragging women and kids over the top and under the barb wire. Glad things have improved since those days.

Best atmosphere ever at a Wednesday match. That game and Kaiserslautern. I was 11 or 12 and on the North. Fond memories. Didn't Varadi score? We went 2-0 up in the home game before drawing 2-2 and lost replay 5-0. Sure I've still for the programme. Souness and Mikle Lyons on the front. Hope my 8 yr-old son experiences something half as good

We were 1-0 down to a Steve Nicol chip, 2-1 up through Bannister and Megson and drew 2-2 to a late Neal penalty, before losing the replay 3-0.

It was the season before Varadi signed.

I was in the North Stand that night, despite being a Kop regular, as I was for the Burnley quarter final.

Incredible memories from my childhood.

I remember bricking it everytime they crossed the half-way line - in those days of only having MOTD highlights to rely on it seemed every Liverpool attack ended in a goal!