Who was your Sheffield Wednesday childhood HERO ?

kim olsen. The big dane brought me so many magical memories. Fondly remember the penalty he won for us against Hartlepool on valentines day 2004, such a menace for defenders to deal with. IMO shouldn't have let him go, would compliment lowe and fire us to promotion

Jim McCalliog & David Ford initially, then Tommy Craig and Prendo (can't think of a more unlucky player).

Remember seeing Prendo coming out of the players entrance in about '76 with one of his many injuries (leg in plaster and on crutches), poor lad was really down. Always was and always will be one of my hero's. R.I.P. Mick.

I remember a night game at S6 against Cov iirc when he block tackled somebody when they were allowed. You could hear the thwack half way up the Kop followed by a collective gasp from the crowd

John Fantham was my hero btw

I had a spell working in a sandwich factory once on nights and David Grant worked in the same department as me packing sarnies in the freezing cold, don't think he stayed there that long. He was a little before my time but I did have a program with him on the back which I brought in to show him to show that he was still awesome in my eyes for playing for the owls

you must be the same age as me,my hero was Jim followed by Tommo

my hero was Jim, remember listening to the radio as Scotland beat England 3 - 2 and him scoring, also carrying a football card in my wallet with Tommo on,

other favourites have been Rodger Wylde and Bannister and Hirsty.

From early on it was Andy McCulloch , Gary Shelton , Mel Zico Sterland and Gary Bannister I used to like watching Gary Thompson when he went for an header he seemed to hover in the air T O T O M T O M O TOMO . From the 90s it was David Hirst , Shezza , Waddle & Roland Nilsson

Edited by Homer