Our Support today!

....There's a definate genuine strong bond again between players and fans....dare I say it...BETTER than in the early 90's IMO....its 'kin marvellous!!!!....That was a top result today....digging in when one down and scoring at just the right moment just before eaf time...the great thing this season is that lessons are being learned.....second half a MASSIVE improvement....moved the ball around better....looked much the sharper team....and deservadely won it.....MASSIVE TEAM with MASSIVE support...and now the balls rolling it'll only get better.....Bloody love Wednesday I do!!!!....right then ....back to me beer!!!...

Edited by Prendo's boots

As if to prove the point about how massive our support is compared to the small club in S2

The gate today was c500 larger than when United went to Tranmere at the start of the season. Both Saturday fixtures and United were rolling along at the top of the league at the time.

Would love to compare away gates between S2 & S6 - suspect they have yet to have a larger gate

My wife went out this evening and her bus was held up while the police escourted Crlisle coaches; She counted 15 so I assume the Cumbrians were close on a 1,000 strong in total which puts their 16.8K into perspective.

flip knows why we could'nt have the empty bit on the stand on the left of away end

Probably the same reason that the plod threatened to search every man, woman and child on our coach in the hope of finding a solitary empty beer can so that they could prosecute the driver and send us all home.

Before changing their minds and directing us straight to to nearest pub....................................... :wacko:

Just watched that youtube video - miss that so much but also makes me so proud - thanks for posting that christheowl..... what fantastic support and love all the songs for the players - it must make them feel amazing...

Guest cypress hill

Wednesdayite's are the best in the country bar none. What other team would suffer 12 years of decline and still average around 18.000 at home games and travel to away games on masse. Certainly not the blunts, they've had 2 bad season's in the last 12, their away following has never really matched ours, and once the novelty of league 1 grounds have worn off, their second season in this division will see their travelling support really drop off. Their average home gates are already below ours, and they've had their biggest home gate already.

we'v had 20 years of poo and kept our fans,they'v managed to shed 10,000 "fans" in 3 years.one more season of league1 football for them b@stards & they will back to their proper avarage of 12,000

We must be the longest suffering supporters of any massive club, I don't include Utd because they aren't massive. Massive clubs play in cup finals, in my lifetime Wednesday have played in 4, Utd haven't played in any. It's great that our younger end are finally see-ing a winning team, and their chance to go to cup finals will come.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest wednesdayloyal

absolute top day again, only one word to describe how i feel about been a wednesday fan and how i feel about our club... proud!!!

Guest wednesdayloyal

Did anyone see what happened in the gents at half time? Apparently there were 2 fellas going at it in one of the cubicles.

you do mean fighting dont ya???

Guest Big Guns

I just love Wednesday fans.

Me too I just wish half of them would lose a bit of weight and why do they always pick the fattest or mongyest to zoom in on when were on the telly