o'grady

Guest inman

just watched chris o'grady on wednesday player seems a nice bloke, liked the fans, and thanked megson for the chance to get a go, they have a few replays from different angles of the last goal, clean header by the goal machine, dont know what wilson is on about, there was no foul on their goalie. sorry but dont know how to linky dink, could someone else do the onners.

just watched chris o'grady on wednesday player seems a nice bloke, liked the fans, and thanked megson for the chance to get a go, they have a few replays from different angles of the last goal, clean header by the goal machine, dont know what wilson is on about, there was no foul on their goalie. sorry but dont know how to linky dink, could someone else do the onners.

First time i've seen the replay from that angle behind the goal.

I was at the game and couldn't see (i was right in the Upper Corner) whether it was a foul or not on the keeper.

That footage conclusively proves it wasn't- Madine just wins the ball ahead of Simonsen. Then his momentum (and that of Reda who is also challenging for the ball) takes him towards the keeper who flaps at thin air. The photo of him and Johnson clashing with the keeper was obviously taken a split second after Madine had already nodded the ball goalwards.

The real question i have as a result of seeing that replay though, is what the f**k is their player trying to do on the line?! All he has to do is prod it wide of the goal. Yet he not only puts the ball in his own net (IMO) he also manages to get in the way of the other lad on the line who could have cleared it away as well!

I was at the game and couldn't see (i was right in the Upper Corner) whether it was a foul or not on the keeper.

That footage conclusively proves it wasn't- Madine just wins the ball ahead of Simonsen. Then his momentum (and that of Reda who is also challenging for the ball) takes him towards the keeper who flaps at thin air. The photo of him and Johnson clashing with the keeper was obviously taken a split second after Madine had already nodded the ball goalwards.

The real question i have as a result of seeing that replay though, is what the f**k is their player trying to do on the line?! All he has to do is prod it wide of the goal. Yet he not only puts the ball in his own net (IMO) he also manages to get in the way of the other lad on the line who could have cleared it away as well!

And handballs it ! :ohmy:

Some one might say "Can you say Betting Scandal" (just joking, no need to sue me)

Edited by blackowl

Oh and to keep with the thread, Cogba was immense yesterday. Has a fantastic ability to control the ball even when played at speed from all directions

MOTM for me - although it was a close call with 12 others

Does that include the ref . Remember the ref was on our side too and gave the somme f**k all lol

If you look at the crowd at the right of goal there is only one woman who is aware of the danger everone-else seems unreactive.

Oh and to keep with the thread, Cogba was immense yesterday. Has a fantastic ability to control the ball even when played at speed from all directions MOTM for me - although it was a close call with 12 others

Nice little bit of control and shot from a little clip over the top from bulldozer (great pass) when we had 2 defenders on him (literally)

Shame one the piggy’s got a block in.

P.s. was it only me that saw their keeper tip his shot onto the post after he spilled it? i thought that was an okay save

O'Grady played well, a good touch and control on him, holds it up well thought he and madine looked good together as a partnership.

O'Grady played well, a good touch and control on him, holds it up well thought he and madine looked good together as a partnership.

I quite like him.

To me he is like a bigger version of Deon Burton in that his strengths are all about his first touch and holding onto the ball.

Makes a big difference to a team when you have a striker who the ball sticks to.

I quite like him.

To me he is like a bigger version of Deon Burton in that his strengths are all about his first touch and holding onto the ball.

Makes a big difference to a team when you have a striker who the ball sticks to.

I agree...........he is so sharp around and inside the penalty area..........Just what we have been missing so far this season..........I forcast a shed load of goals for him this season. Great partner for Madine.

Considering he's not quite fully fit, I thought Cogba was superb. He was unlucky with his first chance as he'd checked his follow up slightly and the ball came off his shin (Simonson was very lucky there).

I heard him on Radio Sheffield after the match and he came across really well, just really grateful at having this opportunity after playing in front of 3,000 home fans last year at Rochdale. He just seems like he wants to get on and play football and score goals. Some of his close control is immense.

My favourite image from yesterday was the cheeky glance across to the linesman after he scored to make sure he wasn't offside, then calmly jogging back for the kick off. Hard to imagine that he'd not only scored his first goal for Wednesday, but also in the derby.