MADINE - Top score in Div one? England ? UK? Europe?

If he scores 30+ this season and we sell for millions does this mean we'll have to be grateful to Irvine for bringing him in?

I don't know if I can do that.

No, cos he cost us millions in relegation from the Championship, failing to get promotion from League One, and squandering shedloads of money on the other dross he brought in - both before Mandaric came in and after. Even if we sold Madine for £10m, it would struggle to cover the money Irvine lost SWFC.

I suspect that the porkers rumour is dismissed, as attending/arrested can be mistaken...within the english language for our Grunting snorting friends. anyway what a poo site they have to grunt over.

He was at the fight, and he was also out in town afterwards.

TBF - think about it - it's not even the middle of october and the goal machine has 10 league goals - incredible really and he'll be the most coveted player in the lower divisions if he keeps it up

And bearing in mind how much those players are worth then we've got a right asset on our hands.

Indeed, I'm thinking back to the seasons when our top scorer has struggled to get 10-15. Makes a huge difference.

Its bitter-sweet in a way though, as the more he scores, the more likely he is to be sold.

Just heard this from a supplier who is a leeds fan - "What's that Madine like, apparantly we are buying him in January for 2 million"

Told him he's a good player and not a chance he'll be moving on for such a paltry sum. It's starting though, the more he scores the more other teams will notice him.

If/When the clubs come sniffing. I hope we take the same approach as Soton with the likes of Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Meh, I'm just happy enough for him to score enough to get us promoted. If you really want it's easy enough to check top scorers around europe but there are several with more than him so why bother?

seriously though how can I find out because I am checking all sorts of sites and can't find any that show me exactly what I am looking for :(

Ideally keep him, but realistically, if we cant keep hold of him for whatever reason, totally rinse them for a good £8m upwards.

And it's good to know that with no financial burdens whatsoever and him being on a 4 year contract we hold all the cards.

21 year olds with the attributes that Madine has are very rare. I highly doubt any teams outside of the prem could afford him right now.

No, cos he cost us millions in relegation from the Championship, failing to get promotion from League One, and squandering shedloads of money on the other dross he brought in - both before Mandaric came in and after. Even if we sold Madine for £10m, it would struggle to cover the money Irvine lost SWFC.L

Surely our relegation was Laws fault? Signing dross like Purse and getting rid of Wood. Spending real money on Darren Potter and as a last resort signed Warren Feeney? We were down before Irvine.

So discounting the leagues that you say don't count, there are higher goalscorers in..

Dutch 1st division

Austrian 1st

french 3rd

Czech 1st

Moldova 1st

Northern Ireland 1st

Polish 1st

welsh 1st

and probably a few more leagues I didn't look at.

all who've played the same/similar number of games.

So he's not top scorer in Europe whichever way you look at it. :smile:

Top scorer in League 1 will do for me.

(And yes I do have better things to do today :blush: )

So it is agreed.

He is the top goalscorer in Europe of all the leagues / divisions that are legitimate.

And it's good to know that with no financial burdens whatsoever and him being on a 4 year contract we hold all the cards.

21 year olds with the attributes that Madine has are very rare. I highly doubt any teams outside of the prem could afford him right now.

Yeah, thats right, provided Madine is happy enough to stay.

So discounting the leagues that you say don't count, there are higher goalscorers in..

Dutch 1st division

Austrian 1st

french 3rd

Czech 1st

Moldova 1st

Northern Ireland 1st

Polish 1st

welsh 1st

and probably a few more leagues I didn't look at.

all who've played the same/similar number of games.

So he's not top scorer in Europe whichever way you look at it. :smile:

Top scorer in League 1 will do for me.

(And yes I do have better things to do today :blush: )

Just what have you got against Gary Madine?