South Grandstand NOW OPEN for Beam Back

Somebody enquired the other day as to the capacity of each stand at the lane. Is there a chance that the stand with the most fans watching the game is about 5 miles away from the game? That can't have happened very often.

I refuse to go on their site to check capacities by the way, I come over all gippy when I see their site.

According to Wiki, their stand capacities are as follows:-

BL Stand 5,680

South 7,500

Kop 10,221

John street 7,000

Westfield 2,000

North east corner 900

So if we fill the South and Grandstand we will have the stand with the most fans in it... :cool:

Edited by HullOwlPhil

Hope they don't sell their own allocations. they would look stupid if the attendance is only say 25-27k yet we have 11,000 plus at Hillsborough. Especially as they only gave us 4,000 tickets.

I've never been to a beamback before but am going to this one.

I can't figure out if it's going to be really good or a bit wierd.

Do people sing and chant and stuff, jump up and shout 'oi ref' when it's a bad tackle.

Is it a good atmospere?

I can't wait to find these things out on Sunday.

Do people sing and chant and stuff, jump up and shout 'oi ref' when it's a bad tackle.

Is it a good atmospere?

Me neither. I think I'm just going to get drunk and take it from there.

Is it a good atmospere?

All the above. Can I just say that if anyone is having doubts about getting a ticket for the Beamback, get one it's brilliant.

I lost my voice after the last one, you get more Yeeeeesssss's for your pound. Goal's are replayed several times, each one greeted with a large cheer. Listen out for the cheers as the cameraman zooms in on some sad Blunt's face after we take the lead.

Coming out of the ground really makes you think you have witnessed that match at Hillsborough.

Let's sell this one out, in a wee wee slinging free zone.

Edited by marconi

I went to the beamback last time and it was a great atmosphere, they had the live Radio Sheffield commentary as well, presumably they'll do the same this time. However, because we won I did come out thinking I wish I'd actually been at the game instead!

I'm at the sty on Sunday but just booked a beamback ticket online for my old man. Says it'll be loaded onto his (North Stand) season ticket card, the option to reprint the ticket is on the screen but doesn't seem to do anything. Is this the same for everybody else? If so I'll just write him the seat number down.

Write

I went to the beamback last time and it was a great atmosphere, they had the live Radio Sheffield commentary as well, presumably they'll do the same this time. However, because we won I did come out thinking I wish I'd actually been at the game instead!

I'm at the sty on Sunday but just booked a beamback ticket online for my old man. Says it'll be loaded onto his (North Stand) season ticket card, the option to reprint the ticket is on the screen but doesn't seem to do anything. Is this the same for everybody else? If so I'll just write him the seat number down.

Write him the seat number etc down, you cant print them off.

Is it a good atmospere?

I had these same questions before attending the last one, but the atmosphere was indeed brilliant throughout. Probably the single most surreal event I've ever witnessed.

However, we did score almost immediately with Tommy Spurr, and were never actually losing, so perhaps time will tell what it'll be like if we fall behind in the game. Although hopefully we won't have to find out!

It would be a bit strange if we were losing and playing badly though, would there just be silence? Booing and jeering doesn't really make any sense.

Guest OllyTheOwl

3,000 to a sell out, thats 12,000 wednesday fans - 16,000 overall directly viewing the game at the two events.

MASSIVE

alright calm down with the massive thing

Guest OllyTheOwl

can you actually buy beamback tickets for the North stand? website seems to suggest you can... i thought it was only in south stand?

yeah buy em and just watch us watching the match

I dont think we will sell out for this for some reason. I'm surprised by that though. I thought tickets would have gone faster. Though I suppose 5k or so at the lane plus 6-7 k at hillsborough is an expected figure. If around 12k see the game thats a decent percentage of our current home crowds. If they'd given us the lower only like previous years we'd be looking at opening 2 stands/turning folk away.

Have the details come out yet as to whether we make any money from this? Or is it all to charity? I'm easy either way, just that the pigs were moaning about us breaking the spirit or summat.