What Have They Got To Say Now

A part of me felt a bit sorry for them coming out of the stadium. They knocked it about a bit without creating too much. They worked hard and chased the ball, but they didn't have enough quality to cause us any real problems.

But then I got back to the car and listened to the b0llox their fans and manager were spouting, and started to wish that we had taken those chances and hammered them 5 -1.

What a set of deluded, bitter, fans - Just as twisted as that spire.

After the first twenty minutes I thought the game was pretty even. The difference for me being that in Madine, you had a focal point for your attack, where as we had Clarke/Westcarr and then Bowery who all failed to make a real impact.

If I was a Wednesday fan I wouldn't have been impressed with the negative substitution from Megson that could have backfired.

The better side overall won the game, no problem with that.

Which negative sub? The one where we put the Yorkshire express on and pushed Marshall up front - the Marshall who scored the 3rd goal?

Or the sub who broke free and squared for Madine to very unluckily hit the post?

Guest bartos

If I was a Wednesday fan I wouldn't have been impressed with the negative substitution from Megson that could have backfired.

Remind me?

Which negative sub? The one where we put the Yorkshire express on and pushed Marshall up front - the Marshall who scored the 3rd goal?

Or the sub who broke free and squared for Madine to very unluckily hit the post?

The one that left one up front and prompted me to get a text from a Wednesday fan something along the lines of 'that tw@t Megson's gonna cost us this game'.

After the first twenty minutes I thought the game was pretty even. The difference for me being that in Madine, you had a focal point for your attack, where as we had Clarke/Westcarr and then Bowery who all failed to make a real impact.

To be fair Jowl.

The second sub of putting Sedgwick on and putting JJ up top very nearly cost us two points.

After JJ had done a very good job of snuffing the threat from the right, they came back into the game once the sub was made.

It was on after JJ was moved right and Marshall put up top that we got that third. Suprising after a run from deep by JJ.

It just shows how different people see games differently. I thought we battered you for the first 25 minutes, a goal was long overdue. The only time I got a little concerned was for 15 minutes after Chessie scored.

Good game though.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

We didn't hit the post, keeper saved it (unless you're thinking of a time that I cant remember) lol

Edited by mosleyowl

To be fair Jowl.

The second sub of putting Sedgwick on and putting JJ up top very nearly cost us two points.

After JJ had done a very good job of snuffing the threat from the right, they came back into the game once the sub was made.

It was on after JJ was moved right and Marshall put up top that we got that third. Suprising after a run from deep by JJ.

Exactly as I saw it mate.

Cost us the game? We won at a canter.

In their cup final. They bottle it nearly as much as the Grunters. We're way too big for this league. Even sedgewick looked good against 'em.

Megson would have had to play with 8 men to lose us ts game. We played most of it 10 against 12 with JoC instructed to pass to Chesterfield.

Guest bartos

The one that left one up front and prompted me to get a text from a Wednesday fan something along the lines of 'that tw@t Megson's gonna

cost us this game'.

We was 442 throughout

Funny because I thought they were very cynical in the tackle and clearly trying to wind our players up, especially madine. They had patches where they played nice football, but they wil get relegated because they have no bite.

Especially when Harvey Price goes back.

Oh, and I just had a nice chocolate bar. Was a bit pricey at 80p, but it was a MASSIVE one.

At that price we can conclude that it wasn't bought from the matchday catering facilities.

The one that left one up front and prompted me to get a text from a Wednesday fan something along the lines of 'that tw@t Megson's gonna cost us this game'.

The first Weds sub could never be described as a negative one...it was made to try and wrestle back an initiative obviously taken by ourselves. Although o'grady went off for the second one I can't remember who came on so presume this is the one you are referring to

correct, we had/have a sharper cutting edge at both ends of the field - our defence (icn. 'keeper) is more solid and our attack makes (and takes) chances. other than that pretty even i'd say

In the first half, there was only one "long ball" side, and they didn't play in blue and white. I even turned round to my mate and said "I thought Chesterfield were suppose to be a footballing side!"

Fair play to Chesterfield in the second half, they upped their game and played some decent stuff...but they certainly weren't any more of a "football" side than we were.

For 50 minutes (first half and hour, and 15 minutes in middle of 2nd half, and last 5 or 10 minutes) we battered them, and to be honest, at times in those spells it was Man against Boys. There were times we dropped off a little, but we aren't going to play at the tempo we started with for 90 minutes. But once again, in those spells we looked very comfortable. Even after the Chesterfield goal, they didn't create a chance...loads of possession in our half, no chances created. We are a formidable outfit defensively at the minute.

There's a lot of positives for Wednesdayites at the minute, and this game just added more to the list. Semedo, Buxton and Madine continue to get better and better and better. Baath and Jones look to be forming a superb partnership and were brilliant once again today, and we look more and more threatening with every game. Three goals today, could have been more, and three goals scored in totally different ways.

Bring on next week...I'm still pooing it though!

Exactly my thoughts too.

If your mate is a Wednesday fan and thinks Megson's a idiot he either knows roger all about football or is just generally a edit. I'd probably lean towards the second