OFFICIAL Transfer Deadline Day news

Guest wilyfox

we wanted another winger; we got Marshall. we wanted another striker; we got Lowe. i'm content with those signings. we had 2 vacancies and we filled them. can't keep asking for one more here, one more there. the squad is getting big again. there needs to be outs before anymore ins.

Guest intercity0wl

isn't this another chairman / manager contradiction? Didn't I read somewhere that Mandaric had said in the press that he is hoping to bring in 2 more today?

Bit disappointed with cutting the link with Lua Lua to be honest, but did think it wouldn't be likely for some reason.

Not too bothered about the Lua Lua deal being scuppered (if it was ever realistic in the first place), but if true your right, would be another Contradiction, and go against what MM apparently told RS (again) yesterday, namely that he still wanted to bring at least one more in.

WTF, so where are the two quality signings that people have said would arrive before the end of deadline dray? Is this what we have disrupted are pre season for? A 33 yr old journeyman striker from Bury and yet another flippingleft sided centre back. I use the term journeyman because, after a career spanning the likes of Shrewsbury, Chester and Bury, that exactly what he is. A useful addition to the squad and great value at the price we paid. Where are the quality acquisitions we were told were coming?

Guest S60Carl

Don't think anyone in but Coke (Chesterfield) Reynolds (St Johnstone) and Beevers (Barnsley) loan and maybe one or 2 other fringe players like Nyoni also going out on loan while new year. Nothing concrete in this I'm definitely not ITK or anything just guessing.

Guest Deleted member

Well I guess we can all go back to doing our jobs then... Tut.

At least my F5 button will see the day out now

BBC site:

1144: THE INSIDER

Sheffield Wednesday manager gary megson doesn't expect any further business to be concluded today after the Owls wrapped up a deal for Bury striker Ryan Lowe late last night. The Owls ended talks with the former Portsmouth striker Lomana Lua Lua after meeting the player at the weekend.

Im hoping this is one of those statements that is made in the knowledge that there will be no further buisness unless players leave, and while that is not yet guaranteed its looking like it might well happen and if they do then we are back on!

If it is true it will be an anti-climax of a day!

Guest utOwlz

We need another winger.

Definatly agree with you, we cant go an entire season with only 3 natural wingers in JJ, Marshall and Sedg.

Especially if Marshall leaves in January and not to mention this probably wont be the last time JJ gets injured, we need another winger as you say or i feel we will regret it.

WTF, so where are the two quality signings that people have said would arrive before the end of deadline dray? Is this what we have disrupted are pre season for? A 33 yr old journeyman striker from Bury and yet another flippingleft sided centre back. I use the term journeyman because, after a career spanning the likes of Shrewsbury, Chester and Bury, that exactly what he is. A useful addition to the squad and great value at the price we paid. Where are the quality acquisitions we were told were coming?

:happy: Oh dear.

Well I guess we can all go back to doing our jobs then... Tut.

At least my F5 button will see the day out now

You think everyone on owlstalk has or is old enough to have a job. :rolleyes:

Now that was a childish and innapropiate comment by myself, current climate and all that etc. Just couldnt hold my tongue.

Who said that then ?

isn't this another chairman / manager contradiction? Didn't I read somewhere that Mandaric had said in the press that he is hoping to bring in 2 more today?

Bit disappointed with cutting the link with Lua Lua to be honest, but did think it wouldn't be likely for some reason.

The summer has been riddled with them.

We will have to see, but at the moment it looks as if there are hardly any rumours in the press. It points towards little or no activity to me.

Now we have Lowe, supposedly for a cheap price, it matters less. But I do think our lack of willingness to invest in a solid goal scorer at a good age has been really dissapointing.

Guest SpiderBoy

BBC site:

1144: THE INSIDER

Sheffield Wednesday manager gary megson doesn't expect any further business to be concluded today after the Owls wrapped up a deal for Bury striker Ryan Lowe late last night. The Owls ended talks with the former Portsmouth striker Lomana Lua Lua after meeting the player at the weekend.

Dont really see the point of saying we want more players. Surely that will just drive prices up as we sound desperate.

I reckon we are still in the market for a couple of players and a couple will go too.

Guest intercity0wl

Definatly agree with you, we cant go an entire season with only 3 natural wingers in JJ, Marshall and Sedg.

Especially if Marshall leaves in January and not to mention this probably wont be the last time JJ gets injured, we need another winger as you say or i feel we will regret it.

I can only think we are going to use the loan market when it re opens in a few weeks, as although a much stronger team than last season, i think MM is mistaken if he thinks we are capable of Automatic promotion, needs that bit more i believe.