Wednesdayites in the North Stand towards the Lepp.

Take a bow lads, the James O'Connor song is awesome. I looked down at JOC (who doesn't) while the song was being sung, and he had got a broad grin on his face.

I'm really enjoying going to Hillsborough this season, there's still a bit too much doom and gloom amongst certain people, but wit and humour seems to be returning. Along with the JOC song, my fellow Wednesdayites were acknowledging fine performances by Madine and Clinton. This is how it used to be when we were great.

I'm a Megson supporter, I think as long as MM gives him time, he will get it right, I hope so because Megson is one of us.

I sat with a Hull City supporter yesterday, he was a carer, and had brought a Wednesdayite to the game. My fellow Wednesdayite was having a great time, he loudly cheered everyone's name as it was read out, and the Hull City fan was good company too.

Some really good performances yesterday. Liam Palmer had his best game, Madine worked his socks off and was rewarded with his goals. Clinton also worked his socks off and had his best game in a Wednesday shirt. Marshall looks quality, he will be unplayable when he's fully fit. Lines looked decent when he came on. Semedo was awesome again and probably came as close as you can get for man of the match. But for me, one player stood out over all the players I've mentioned. Step forward Lewis Buxton, I know he has had his doubters, but for me he is the best full back in the division. He was immense yesterday, he got forward whenever possible, but he also got a few crucial blocks in. Sflaphorpe had an attack late in the game where they had 5 players running at our 3 defenders, but Buxton got back and did an excellent sliding tackle inside our area.

I'd also like to mention Bennett's defending at the back stick. Last season we conceded quite a few goals when our previous left back got beat at the back post. Bennett won two very important headers at the back stick that prevented goal scoring opportunities yesterday.

Bring on Charlton.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I also agree too and I agree about Palmer totally lost as a winger was saying it all through the game but still like the lad wud have been a different kettle of fish with jj in there

Ohhhhhh James O'Connor you are the love of my life. Oh James O'Connor I'd let you shag my wife. Oh James O'Connor, I want Ginger hair too.

Best chant I've heard in a long while.

2nd verse not as good as the first, ..... But varies it a bit .....

Ohhhhhh James O'Connor even though your not very tall, Oh James O'Connor we love the way you chase the ball, Oh James O'Connor I want to clap just like you !

Then 1st verse repeat .......

Edited by owls-swfc

Credit to Morrisontobelieve for getting that chant going.

Although not as funny as when he walked in just as the stand was singing 'you fat b@stard'.

And even less funny than the conversation I overheard discussing Gary Megsons ginger nipples.

Is he the big lad who was sat to the right of the devil's minions you took a picture of FG?

I think it's brilliant over in S/T of North. Being able to stand for the game and chant throughout is just something that helps make the game better for me.

And of course in recent memory, Huddlesfield at home last season... "Wednesday's gonna get ya, Wednesday's gonna get ya" to the Huddlesfield player who was sent off to the byline and the look on his face, absolutely priceless.

Guest Buxtonian

What does a young player have to do to please Owls watchers (can't say Fans)? Palmer is a lad barely out of the academy who obviously is not yet the finished product. True he put in some misplaced passes, but not as many as the mighty Jones, but he was prepared to run, and is not afraid to take on fullbacks, and beat them. He left 2 of their FB's for dead yesterday, cut in from the corner and was screaming for someone to play the ball to, but the 'forwards' were still deciding to go forward. FFS cut the lad some slack. There is the makings there of another great player. Encourage him for a change. Don't do it the Wednesday way and expect him to be another Nasri immediately. Encouraging the young lads does far more than this constant carping we get from the Owlswatchers.

Sorry but James o'conner is gash and is like a smurf in midfield and the only reason i can think of for Megson offering him a new contracts is his ginger hair!

I had this opinion in pre-season but given the problems we've had filling our squad this summer I think he was worth a contract extension. O'Connor's a decent bloke and a "busy" player to bring on in a game. Obviously he's absolutely not good enough to be starting games but as a squad player who'se seemingly happy just to be here and to do whatever job he's asked to do for the good of the squad, I think he's an OK asset. I wouldn't want to be relying on him for any long stretches this season but he's a decent squad player.

Hootie, I was sat next to the lad who was cheering everything. Spotted his carer was a hull fan but didn't really speak to them except over the penalty incident. The lad was proper excited at the start and for the first half but his interest waned a bit. He found my shouting at the ref etc amusing though. His excitement was infectious to be honest and he had me grinning all game.

Do you always sit there? My mates have season tickets there and I was using one of there's as he's away.