On way back & player ratings

Weaver 7 (what a save), Buxton 7, Batth 7, Jones 7, Bennett 7, Palmer 7 (best game in a Wednesday shirt), Semedo 8 (impregnable again), Prutton 7, Marshall 8 (real quality player), Madine 9 (never stopped running), Morrison 7. Overall 3-2 flattered Sflaphorpe, though we fell asleep for their two goals. Can't believe we (rightly) got benefit of a reversed penalty award.

Guest utOwlz

Well done Wednesday today. Cant say im not worried about our defense though, i expected it to be much tougher to break down, yet 7 goals conceded in 5 games is not very good. Hope they can sort this out.

My first game of the season today,thought we played some lovely passing football, I've not seen us as comfortable on the ball in ages.

Prutton and especially Semedo make such a difference, the latter was immense.

Marshall was good early doors, too good for them at times.

Madine was great today, worked hard for the team and took his goals well, should be full of confidence now, good feet and drew fouls. He has a languid style but does work.

Rob Jones mopped up well on the floor, got Baath out of jail who I thought looked nervy in possession.

Weaver, what a save, thought that was a certain goal.

Palmer getting more skilful and confident each week.

Dagnall for them, I think he'd be the type we need. Was never a pen though, clean tackle from Prutton. Well done to officials for correcring it.

Still not totally convinced by our defending at times but Scunny do attack well.

Morrison also deserves praise, battled well and cleared off the line.

Enjoyable game on my birthday!

No one had a bad game really. Semedo is quickly becoming one of my favourite players Madine was quality.

It's a fact that every successful team needs someone like Semedo who does the hard work and unglamorous stuff. Well done Semedo and well done to GM and Milan. An excellent signing.

See, you don't always have to pay half a million for a decent signing!

My first game of the season today,thought we played some lovely passing football, I've not seen us as comfortable on the ball in ages.

Madine was great today, worked hard for the team and took his goals well, should be full of confidence now, good feet and drew fouls. He has a languid style but does work.

Rob Jones mopped up well on the floor, got Baath out of jail who I thought looked nervy in possession.

Dagnall for them, I think he'd be the type we need. Was never a pen though, clean tackle from Prutton. Well done to officials for correcring it.

Still not totally convinced by our defending at times but Scunny do attack well.

IIRC he played well against us last season both games

cheeky bid?

Weaver 7 (what a save), Buxton 7, Batth 7, Jones 7, Bennett 7, Palmer 7 (best game in a Wednesday shirt), Semedo 8 (impregnable again), Prutton 7, Marshall 8 (real quality player), Madine 9 (never stopped running), Morrison 7. Overall 3-2 flattered Sflaphorpe, though we fell asleep for their two goals. Can't believe we (rightly) got benefit of a reversed penalty award.

Agree with every word. Well done Kivo

So we just defended sloppily for their two goals and we should have run away with it? Is that what you're saying Kivo?

Can't wait to get back from holiday so I can get to a game.

We stood off them too much. But they had Dagnall drifting across the front in the first half causing problems, hit a post with a good shot after bursting through. Batth struggled early doors I thought, but Jones was good.

Mix of bad defending and decent attackers really.

When JJ is back we will be able to break even more effectively.

I thought Palmer looked poor, not very confident on the ball and a bad first touch, a off game for him I think.

Edited by owlswfc

We stood off them too much. But they had Dagnall drifting across the front in the first half causing problems, hit a post with a good shot after bursting through. Batth struggled early doors I thought, but Jones was good.

Mix of bad defending and decent attackers really.

When JJ is back we will be able to break even more effectively.

Cheers mate

Weaver 7 (what a save), Buxton 7, Batth 7, Jones 7, Bennett 7, Palmer 7 (best game in a Wednesday shirt), Semedo 8 (impregnable again), Prutton 7, Marshall 8 (real quality played

, Madine 9 (never stopped running), Morrison 7. Overall 3-2 flattered Sflaphorpe, though we fell asleep for their two goals. Can't believe we (rightly) got benefit of a reversed penalty award.

Decent summary that mate. Agree with most of it. For the record I agree with you about Palmer. Think he has a quality touch at times