On way back & player ratings

Guest wednesday_lass

Weaver 7 - not much to do, made a cracking save.

Buxton 9 - brilliant game yet again. People say they get excited when JJ receives the ball in our own half as we know he'll run and do something with it. This is now the case with Buxton, the only difference being is that Buxton will put in a decent cross, or even shot, at the end.

Batth 7 - granted he had a cold but it wasn't a 'classic' Batth performance. Did use the old 'lump it long' tactic a few times which grated on me. Did put in some crunching tackles though, and that mazy run at towards the end, thought he was Madine 'till he turned round and had number 4 on his back!

Jones 7 - same has Batth, coming back from injury it won't be a 'classic jones' performance, but was solid.

Bennett 7 - solid at the back, needs to give his winger in front of him more support on the over lap, maybe fitness or worry about a counter attack stops him doing that...

Palmer 8 - very good to say he's not, and never will be, a natural winger. Assist for Marshalls goal and turned a few defenders a few times.

Prutton 7 - The linesman correctly saw his tackle as a brilliant one, rather than a foul. He had a volley in the second half which was definitely on it's way in if it wasn't for a block in front of him.

Semedo 9 - The first time I've seen why Megson signed him, he does what JOC does......but much much better.

Marshall 9 - Class goal, even though I'm adamant it was a cross rather than a shot, but they all count. Did the full backs every time more or less. Stoke have a little diamond there.

Madine 8 - Apart from his performance, what pleased me was he seemed to be enjoying himself. Last season when he scored he never celebrated really, always thought he was a mardy so and so. But these past 2 home games have really seen a change in his whole attitude I think. Two good tidy finishes, unlucky not to get his hat-trick.

Morrison 7 - Would've been an 8 probably if he'd stayed on longer, ran his knackers off as usual, think he had a shot similar to the goal against blackburn which went inches wide. Growing in confidence, will make a very good sub striker once we get someone else in...

Lets look at it realistically.

We put 10 men behind the ball with 20mins left against a team who had just played 2 hrs football.

We are hanging on to the extent of going to the corners with only 86 min played.

They had a 2nd penalty turned down,

Was our first goal off-side ?

Not totally convinced yet !!

Guest wednesday_lass

Lets look at it realistically.

We put 10 men behind the ball with 20mins left against a team who had just played 2 hrs football.

We are hanging on to the extent of going to the corners with only 86 min played.

They had a 2nd penalty turned down,

Was our first goal off-side ?

Not totally convinced yet !!

We won, that's what matters.

Some people will just be negative for the sake of it.

Lets look at it realistically. We put 10 men behind the ball with 20mins left against a team who had just played 2 hrs football. We are hanging on to the extent of going to the corners with only 86 min played. They had a 2nd penalty turned down, Was our first goal off-side ? Not totally convinced yet !!

no

Guest Triplej2

although you can't fault semedo's effort in running down opponents and getting a tackle in...

the quality of some of the work of prutton is of a level semedo will never match...

I agree, i just thought on the day Semedo had a better game than Prutton.