(Un)Official ALF Thread - Latest: Gone to reading;

Is promotion to League One worth more than 350K though? If it is, then they'd be daft to sell ALF at this price.

I do hope we get him like.

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. I don't really know.

But regardless of that, clubs like Rotherham can't afford to gamble on that when your talking this sort of money for a player who will leave on a free next summer. There are no guarantees that they'll get promoted with him, as they haven't over the past couple of years, even with ALF banging in 20+.

That sort of money could go towards the new stadium or used within the squad for new players.

Clubs can't gamble with that chunk of money in the lower leagues.

That should cover the cost of the replacement.

Of they think rangers and Leicester are guns come in and throw a wedge at him then they're taking a massive risk.

To go from Sedgwick. Clinton and Madine.... To JJ, o'grady and lefondre.

It would make us a completely different beast going forward.

Guest Briscoe Inferno

350k is a lot of money for toy town must be 20 years worth of crowd money at least lol

Don't forget the sell on clause in favour of Rochdale...

Mind you, 10% of nothing is a big fat 0.

Of they think rangers and Leicester are guns come in and throw a wedge at him then they're taking a massive risk.

When you add Marshall to that too it looks a frightening forward line.

MM/PA - get the deal done.

Guest intercity0wl

Might have to wait a while for all them three to be fit at the same time though if indeed Alf did arrive, and even then one of the trio does not have a good track record of being fit , another more fitness reliable wide man might also be required just on the basis of having a regular strike force, just my opinion of course..

Guest WoodhouseOwl77

Just had a response from Percy regarding if he knows how much we've offered -

'The bid is 350K - still waiting to hear back'

I'd be amazed if toy town accept that.

If there is clauses on the deal such as performance and promotion think they will accept it, the longer they leave it the harder for them to bring in a replacement.

I hope we get him, but I hope we don't give them Coke, with our squad the way it is Coke definately has something to offer!

Hopefully we have offered them Reynolds and D.Jones to go with the deal.

ALF and one more winger and I think we are ready to give it a go.

We do still need another winger on top of a striker. If our attacking options consisted of ALF, O.Grady, Morrison, Madine, JJ, Sedgwick, Marshall and another good quality winger i'd be happy. As for Mellor - it was either him or O'Grady and Megson obviously got sick of weeing about and got O'Grady. Just like he got Lines instead of waiting on Koumas.