What was your first swfc match?

14th May 2000

Wednesday 4 - 0 Leicester

Went with my grandad, I was six, All I remember is that the leicester GK Pegguy Arphexad ( just looked it up ) was wearing goalie trousers... :happy:

Think that was the last game of the season and we had already been relegated :mellow:

My first game was against Leicester in October 84 I think it was Saturday 6th not too sure as I was only just 6. Went with my dad into the south stand remember spilling pop allover me when we scored ( Won 5-0 Lineker & Bright up front for them at a guess ) weirdest thing is I remember my dad sticking a tenner in his sock just incase we got into trouble! Great times! UTO

My first game was against Leicester in October 84 I think it was Saturday 6th not too sure as I was only just 6. Went with my dad into the south stand remember spilling pop allover me when we scored ( Won 5-0 Lineker & Bright up front for them at a guess ) weirdest thing is I remember my dad sticking a tenner in his sock just incase we got into trouble! Great times! UTO

I was there !

Leicester played in all green forcing our keeper (Martin Hodge) to wear a red shirt. A red shirt ! Imre Varadi scored a hat-trick.

I was there !

Leicester played in all green forcing our keeper (Martin Hodge) to wear a red shirt. A red shirt ! Imre Varadi scored a hat-trick.

Yeah I remember Imre getting a hatrick, not the shirts though! Who got the other goals that day?

Yeah I remember Imre getting a hatrick, not the shirts though! Who got the other goals that day?

John Ryan got one with a sort of weird chipped volley that could have gone anywhere.

It's odd how I can remember vivid details of loads of games from 25-30 years ago, yet I have absolutely no memory of loads of more recent games that I attended!

Guest s35woody

26th December 1979 verse Sheffield Utd. 4-0 Mellor,Curran, Smithy and king. 9yrs old in a crowd of just under 50,000. Cant think why I fell in love with 'em!!! WTID!

Just thought. We should make a song up about that match ;)

Edited by s35woody

I think it was November or December 1979 vs Exeter City at Hillborough we lost 1-0. I was 5. Don't really remember much about the game just spent most of it watching the Kop jumping up and down from the south stand!!!! Couldn't go to the derby a couple of weeks later my Mum said I was too young.

After several reserve games, my first league match was in early 1969 against Arsenal at Hillsborough. They beat us 5 - 1 and John Radford scored a hattrick.

After several reserve games, my first league match was in early 1969 against Arsenal at Hillsborough. They beat us 5 - 1 and John Radford scored a hattrick.

SATURDAY 20TH OCTOBER 1984

ATTENDANCE : 23,621

Hodge, Sterland, Shirtliff, Lyons, Smith, Worthington, Blair, Shelton (Ryan), Varadi, Chapman, Marwood.

GOALS : Varadi 3, Blair, Ryan.

The win actually took us into second place in the league !

Guest Umbop22

i'm not sure. i think it was in 93 or 94 and we beat man city 1-0 with hirst scoring? but a similar score against southampton also rings a bell.

can anyone help me out with that?

did Hirsty finish in net ?

Sat 31 Aug 1991 QUEENS PARK RANGERS..... 4-1 9 25,022 Carlton Palmer 3, John Sheridan

I was 8. Can mainly remember holding on to my dad as tight as I could so I didn't get drowned standing on the kop. Couldn't see much, loved it though. Got the program at home as well.

This was my first game too. Was at primary school and either the club gave our school free tickets, or the school bought some for us. Either way, it was a cracking game and got me hooked...

Guest dunellaowl

1986 vs coventry city f.a cup quarter final lost 1-3, megson equalised for us!

Coventry went on to win cup 3-2 against spurs!

1986 vs coventry city f.a cup quarter final lost 1-3, megson equalised for us!

Coventry went on to win cup 3-2 against spurs!

As I recall we were bloody terrible for about an hour until the equaliser and the old place went mental. It was a great atmosphere for a little while before Coventry scored twice in quick succession. But even trailing by two with a couple of minutes to play we missed two excellent chances to have snatched a draw.