What was your first swfc match?

October 11th 1980

Wednesday 2 Cardiff 0

Goals from Brian Hornsby and the God - Andy McCulloch

I was only 6 but I can still remember walking up the steps and seeing that HUGE expanse of green for the first time. Just blew me away and I've been addicted ever since.

Haha, that's my first memory! Coming up the ramp in the corner of the Kop and seeing the pitch! Still makes my heart flutter a little bit!!

Wednesday 3 - 2 Chelsea

Saturday 25 September 1982.

Att: 18,833

Bannister, Smith, Shelton for us.

Fillery (pen) & Lee for Chelsea.

I was 8. We parked off Heries Rd, and took an alleyway through some industrial units to the ground. Can still remember going through the turnstyles and walking through one of the south stand gangways. The noise, the colour, the energy....

5 goals, and 3 points didn't hurt the experience either!!

My baby daughter is only 6 months old, but I can't wait to take her to Hillsborough for her first game.

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

is there anywhere that has a list of all our home results going back as far as the early 90s?

kivo?

All of Wednesday's stats can be found at this site.

http://www.adrianbul...ts/swfcarch.htm

Hope this helps.

My first game was February 1967 at the Lane, I was 7 years old. My dad is Polish and wasn't really interested, but we had a family friend who was a Blade and he used to take me down there (wasn't allowed to go on my own even though we only lived half a mile away and going all the way across town to Hillsborough was out of the question). We lost 1-0. I wasn't allowed to go to Hillsborough until I was 11 or 12 but after that I never looked back!

Edited by Utah Owl

Guest King Mong

November 1985. Wednesday v Big Ron's unbeaten Man Utd.

Wednesday won 1-0, with Lee Chapman scoring from a corner. I was in the North Stand, aged 7 years old.

Guest Owlquilla

1994 - A heaving Hillsborough - David Hirst scored the winner against Manchester United... the stuff of dreams.

All down hill from there :)

Guest Scottish.Owl

my 1st game was vs tottenham, im pretty sure we won 1-0 at home and they had a man sent off, id like someone to enlighten me if they could... im 21 so it was early 90's..

Guest sheffielder68

Wednesday 2 - ManUre 4 in 1987/8 I think. Bryan Robson scored an own goal. Long before the own goal he recently scored on Dispatches.

First away game was the first of a million meetings with Arsenal in 1992/3 - I witnessed the end of David Hirst's career when Steve Bould assaulted him from behind. He got up after a few minutes and still scored, but he was never the same from that day.

Guest Scottish.Owl

if anyone can remember, in 1996 did we beat tottenham 1-0 and did they have a man sent off, armstrong scoring our goal?

Really jealous how everyone can remember their first game. The only thing I know is that it was some time in the 65/66 season. Certainly before the derby at Hillsborough. I was seven at the time. The good thing is that I can remember most of yours as though they were yesterday. Thanks for the memories. God, now I feel old for the first time in my life. :ohmy:

Easter Monday 1982

V Newcastle United

I was 8 and i saw an advert for the game on ITV during the morning, i pestered my dad for about 3 hours, can i go, can i go, can i go! Eventually he relented and said "get thi cooat, wer gooin ter'match"! I can't remember ever being more excited!

We sat in the South stand and i remember looking at the uncovered Kop and thinking how amazing it looked full of people, and how when i was older i would go and stand in that part!

We won 2-1, Shelton and Bannister scored (i think Bannister anyway not sure, memory not what it was!) However i do remember in the first half Bannister had to leave the pitch in order to replace his boot which had been ripped in half from a tackle lol (when players actually got tackled and played on. not like these namby pamby lobbers these days, who think a tackle is akin to a sexual assault!!!!)

i'll give you one guess who scored the newcastle goal that day :rolleyes:

New Years Day 1988 - Sheffield Wednesday 1 - Everton 1 - Mel Sterland scored for the Owls

I bought a mug from the very small and shitty club shop at the back of the South Stand with some money I got for Christmas (I was 10 at the time) - the mug said 'Owls for Life' on it.....so so true......I still have that mug and use it everyday at work :)

actually on that day we beat them 1-0 goal by mark proctor,you're probably thinking of the f a cup 3rd round match a week later when peter reid got a late equaliser.

22nd April 1967 (I was seven).

At Hillsborough in the North Stand 0 - 0 against Newcastle.

Next game.

6th May 1967

At Hillsborough, 7 - 0 against Burnley in the old South Stand. The blokes around me let me stand on my seat as I couldn't see the game (when they stood up).

My elder brother, who would have been twelve (who my Mother made take me) countenanced that it wouldn't always be like this. I didn't believe him.

He was right, but I was hooked.

SWFC have been a 'sound track' to my life thereon.

Wouldn't have missed a minute - the ups or the downs.

I remember my first match it was versus Crystal Palace on the 28th April 1984. I was sat on the North wi me dad and our kid. Mel Sterland scored from the penalty spot and as i remember it was the win that clinched up 2nd place and promotion. I was 8 at the time. Been hooked ever since then and badgered my old man for a season ticket all summer.

Edited by Dronny Owl

21st April 2000

Sheffield Wednesday 0-2 Sunderland

Phillips x2

5 points adrift with 4 games to play........................

I am a jinx to the Owls :(

I remember this one on TV, Cresswell missed a couple sitters we dominated, until yours truely kevin phillips scored in the 84th against the run of play. I cried after the game we were as good as relegated :sad:

Guest Jump Owl

mid 80s v Luton at home 1-0 to the Owls. awful game apart from the goal. keeper blasted the ball full in the face of john dreyer for an own goal from 25 yrds

Guest thewill

Pretty sure that game was 4-1. I remember because my old man went off to get a tea and a pie before half time, but there were massive queues so he missed 3 goals either side of half time!! I was 8 at the time at laughed my head off at him, but he was well pissed off!

It was 4-1! Dont know why I put 0 (bloody iPhone!) - I was 9.

Guest Danada

SWFC 0 - 3 Nttm Forest

May 5, 1990

I was 7 years old and went with my uncle, my dad and his uncle. I vividly remember the scores of the Luton - Derby match being announced and the roar going through the stadium when Derby scored. I think if Luton lost they got relegated instead of us? They won 3-2 and we went down. What a great start to being a Wednesday supporter...