What was your first swfc match?

Saturday, August 15 1998

Sheffield Wednesday 0-1 West Ham (Ian Wright, 84)

Met Ian Reddington just after coming through the North Stand turnstiles. He pointed me in the right direction to where my seat was as I didn't have a clue where I needed to go. I made some comment about him having been in Eastenders which I don't think he was too happy about.

The only things I remember from the game are an incredible save by Kevin Pressman at the Kop end and Ian Wright winding our fans up in the South Stand with his celebration.

According to my father, my first game was on Boxing Day 1979, aged 10, against another team from the city (their name escapes me....). I vaguely remember the huge crowds and celebrating one of the goals.

Suffice to say, it's been pretty much all down hill ever since, lol

:rolleyes:

It was against Sunderland on 18/09/1971 I think it was ... and we won 3-0 or 4-0, anyone confirm that? I was only just turned 5.

3-0 joicey ,pugh ,sinclair our 1st win of the season in front of just over 13,000(i looked it up )........was at the game at pretty sure all the goals came in the second half at the leppings lane end .

Mine was March 8th 1993 away to Derby County in the FA Cup 3-3 draw. Had not long turned 18 and went with two mates from Peterborough who were Derby fans in a beat up old Austin Alegro (brown). Was stood in the Derby fans right next to the Wednesday fans, literally on the fence line. Great game having lead 2-1 then 3-2 down Warhurst popped up with a late equaliser.... i nearly exploded and very nearly got my head kicked in!!! Thanks to my 2 Derby mates i didnt!!

Not looked back since and would hate to think how many miles ive clocked up since then following the blue and white wizards.....

UTO

Guest utOwlz

My first ever game was:

April 1995

Sheffield Wednesday 1 - 7 Nottm Forest

Remember at 4-1 and Forest were on the attack my dad said to me 'if they score now were going' and they proceeded to make it 5-1, so we left and by the time we got back to the car it was 7-1 :laugh::biggrin:

You lot make me feel old (probably because I am) because my first match was 17th Sept 1966 at the age of 10.

We lost 2-0 to West Ham. I cant remember much about the match but it's possible that bobby Moore, Geoff Hurst & Martin Peters

were in the West Ham team, fresh from their World Cup win.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Really feel for all the young un's who missed the early 90's

Don't. In 2063 we'll be dead and they'll be watching Wednesday hammer Barcelona in The Champions League final played on Jupiter.

Cant remember but could only have been 5 or 6. I recall Bob Bolder looking enormously tall, compared to me anyway, when he came out (not in a gay way) and I do remember my first hero who was Gary Bannister. I was also fortunate to see the Owls on an upward curve through the mid to late 80's and witness the magic of the early 90's, very privileged indeed to watch some outstanding players.

Guest Danaldo_SWFC

Vs. Everton at Hillsborough. 5th February 1993. 3-1 win.

I was 9 years old and sat on my dad's shoulders the whole game because the stadium still had standing areas.

Great experience that i'll never forget.

UTO.

Guest thewill

Owls 4 - 0 Ipswich Town (14 May 1995)

Has to be the 2nd best match (personally) after the playoff final of 2005 (although that is now a distant memory and a waste of time given the league we are back in).

Palace at home in 1997, we lost 3-1

However... my 2nd match was against bolton, won 5-0

3rd match against that seasons winners arsenal, won 2-0

so not a bad start really

i was 7 and the 1st goal i cheered was the 1st against arsenal....

Guest Bald Owl

1975 against Hull at home North stand my dad passed me over the turnstile for a green £1 note aged 5. Rodger Wylde my then hero signed my programme along with Eric Potts, still got it.

Edited by Bald Owl