What was your first swfc match?

Owls 4 - 0 Ipswich Town (14 May 1995)

Has to be the 2nd best match (personally) after the playoff final of 2005 (although that is now a distant memory and a waste of time given the league we are back in).

Pretty sure that game was 4-1. I remember because my old man went off to get a tea and a pie before half time, but there were massive queues so he missed 3 goals either side of half time!! I was 8 at the time at laughed my head off at him, but he was well pissed off!

Wednesday 3-1 Manchester United

The year Man U won the treble in 1999

Alexandersson <3

Oh how I remember that game !! It was at the time Cole & Yorke were unstoppable. Alexandersson had an outstanding game - scoring 2 & setting up Andy Booth for the other. Highest attendance for SWFC since it was an all-seater stadium.

Safe to say the Swedes have served us well

1968 w.b.a at home im sure jeff astle were there centre forward cant remember anything really about the game.

Can remember the relegation game against man city 1970 it took me a few years to understand why grown cry over football but i have shed a few over the last 40 years and think i will do again.

Guest plymouthowl

89/90 Home against Portsmouth. Think the score was 2-1? Alan Knight got sent off for them.

I was staying with family, and my dad wanted to watch some footie so we went down to Hillsborough and the rest is history!

March of 1993. Was living in Cambridge for a year with my Uncle. As an American who knew nothing about your football, I wanted to see this American that people mentioned to me (John Harkes). So, my Uncle brought me to a game against Wimbeldon for my birthday. I was hooked and have been hooked it was the most fantastic thing I've seen in my life.

Sadly, it is the only game I've seen at Hillsborough. I have two daughters and I hope that I will be able to take them to see "that team that plays over the computer speakers every Saturday morning".

March of 1993. Was living in Cambridge for a year with my Uncle. As an American who knew nothing about your football, I wanted to see this American that people mentioned to me (John Harkes). So, my Uncle brought me to a game against Wimbeldon for my birthday. I was hooked and have been hooked it was the most fantastic thing I've seen in my life.

Sadly, it is the only game I've seen at Hillsborough. I have two daughters and I hope that I will be able to take them to see "that team that plays over the computer speakers every Saturday morning".

You still live in america now?

I'm over here working, do your girls play footy (soccer), its massive for girls in the USA

You still live in america now?

I'm over here working, do your girls play footy (soccer), its massive for girls in the USA

I'm an American through and through. I spent one year in Cambridge because my Uncle was guest teaching at one of the Universities for a year. My parents thought it would be a good experience for me and off i went! Glad I did. My oldest girl plays, the youngest daughter is too young for organized football.

Easter Monday 1982

V Newcastle United

I was 8 and i saw an advert for the game on ITV during the morning, i pestered my dad for about 3 hours, can i go, can i go, can i go! Eventually he relented and said "get thi cooat, wer gooin ter'match"! I can't remember ever being more excited!

We sat in the South stand and i remember looking at the uncovered Kop and thinking how amazing it looked full of people, and how when i was older i would go and stand in that part!

We won 2-1, Shelton and Bannister scored (i think Bannister anyway not sure, memory not what it was!) However i do remember in the first half Bannister had to leave the pitch in order to replace his boot which had been ripped in half from a tackle lol (when players actually got tackled and played on. not like these namby pamby lobbers these days, who think a tackle is akin to a sexual assault!!!!)

Edited by alcock dived

October 11th 1980

Wednesday 2 Cardiff 0

Goals from Brian Hornsby and the God - Andy McCulloch

I was only 6 but I can still remember walking up the steps and seeing that HUGE expanse of green for the first time. Just blew me away and I've been addicted ever since.

New Years Day 1988 - Sheffield Wednesday 1 - Everton 1 - Mel Sterland scored for the Owls

I bought a mug from the very small and shitty club shop at the back of the South Stand with some money I got for Christmas (I was 10 at the time) - the mug said 'Owls for Life' on it.....so so true......I still have that mug and use it everyday at work :)