What was your first swfc match?

Stoke City, night match 1966, a few days after we had beaten Blackburn to reach the FA Cup Semi Final.

Went on the Kop and spent more time looking at the fans than the match. Just behind where we stood, four supporters had a batton each, about the size of a table tennis bat, which spelled out the word O W L S.

Workmen were still working, during the match on the West Stand as it must have been behind schedule for the World Cup.

I saw the posters outside advertising the next match, and thought we were playing Hillsbroth next, as it seemed to say Sheffield Wednesday Hillsbroth.

Was mesmerised walking down Herries road under the Five Archers and seeing the large neon sign lit up at the back of the Kop.

Think the price of admission for me was 9d.

After match walked back up Herries Road and saw the old disabled chap in his three wheeled hand propelled buggy, complete with chrome hooter.

Guest keyser soze

1984 in the promotion season, at home against Shrewsbury. Drew 1-1 with Varadi getting our goal. Oddly, my one and only time on the North West Terrace.

It's been a roller coaster ever since.

1984 in the promotion season, at home against Shrewsbury. Drew 1-1 with Varadi getting our goal. Oddly, my one and only time on the North West Terrace.

How bizarre - that was also my first game and just as I was about to type it here up came the arbove message! I seem to remember Steve Ogrizovic in goal and possibly Nigel Pearson in defence for Shrewbury also

Guest JohnFantham

Notts forest 1963 won 3 - 1, can't remember anything about it other than score and going on the No. 10 from Colley crescent.

Guest JohnFantham

I know, I took yer!!!

Guest keyser soze

I know, I took yer!!!

I don't know whether to thank you or scream at you!

Bearwood - I'd forgotten about Oggy, but remember Pearson played.

197? v Fulham. Peter Swans come back game after being banned. My Dad took me I would have been about 8. Just remember the open Kop chanting Swanny as the team came out and being amazed looking at it from the South Stand. Pete Swan gave me my first Wednesday top shortly after hooked ever since.

I'm an American through and through. I spent one year in Cambridge because my Uncle was guest teaching at one of the Universities for a year. My parents thought it would be a good experience for me and off i went! Glad I did. My oldest girl plays, the youngest daughter is too young for organized football.

Bet it was a great experience, which part of the country you in? I'm in wisconsin

Guest intercity0wl

Fa cup tie 1972/73 season, remember their Keeper with bright blond hair, Melor i think he was called dropped a right howler for the first, was the year i was also part of the biggest crowd i have seen at Hillsborough (48,000) when we played, and lost to Chelsea in a later round of the cup, i remember Osgood got the Winner after Coyle had put us in front.

Rnd Date Opponents Result Attendance Scorers

3 Sat 13 Jan FULHAM.................. 2-0 21,028 Brian Joicey, Mick Prendergast

mid 80s v Luton at home 1-0 to the Owls. awful game apart from the goal. keeper blasted the ball full in the face of john dreyer for an own goal from 25 yr

My first game too - 1986??

Seem to remember Dreyer getting stretchered off past the kop to a standing ovation!!!!

Even though it was a dreadful game, the whole Hillsborough experience sold it to me........don't often admit it but I was a Man Ure fan up to that point ( I was only eleven).

if anyone can remember, in 1996 did we beat tottenham 1-0 and did they have a man sent off, armstrong scoring our goal?

Nope. 24th February 1996, we lost 1-0 at Tottenham, with Armstrong scoring their goal. Don't know about the sending-off.

New Years Day 1988 - Sheffield Wednesday 1 - Everton 1 - Mel Sterland scored for the Owls

I bought a mug from the very small and shitty club shop at the back of the South Stand with some money I got for Christmas (I was 10 at the time) - the mug said 'Owls for Life' on it.....so so true......I still have that mug and use it everyday at work :)

well my memory serves me very incorrectly..........we actually beat Everton 1-0 and Mark Proctor scored according to the stats linky that was posted - Wiseowl91 EPIC FAIL hehehe

The following seasons match in November obviously stuck in my mind more for some reason. In my defence it was 23 years ago...well that's my story and I'm sticking to it