Bring in 2 Premiership Strikers

Guest 03 owl

Do you really think that strikers at Norwich, Wolves, QPR or Swansea are on £20,000 per week?

No they probably are not if they have signed a contract, i'm not saying non of them are...maybe 1 or 2 but that would of been in incentive's/bonus's , the youngsters and fringe players will prob be on about 5 - 12,000 a week? if you can pay a quarter or half on loan with a view to a permanent deal or aide development then it's beneficial to both parties.

The big thing is the wages though isn't it. Prem strikers command mid 20 early 30 grand a week. Unfortunately they're not gonna take such a massive pay cut

There will be plenty who aren't on anywhere near that much.

Yes I do, Odermwingie's was on £29,000 last year and he's getting a improved deal rumoured to be worth £42,000

Notice that I didn't mention West Brom thought mate!

I would class West Brom as being in the next bracket up from the teams I mentioned; teams whom I do not believe have players on anything like that sort of money.

Yes I do, Odermwingie's was on £29,000 last year and he's getting a improved deal rumoured to be worth £42,000

Odemwingie was a first team striker!

There's no way we'll be getting someone of the quality or squad status of him.

Keogh I would imagine will be on between £10-15k. Sidibe likewise. Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Cody McDonald etc. etc. between £4-8k.

Guest londonowl1

Andy Keough would be an amazing Loan signing.

Not a real goalscorer but his work rate is top rate. Would say he would fit the megson style of play.

Surely he will be in the championship next season though.

Odemwengie was signed when you were in the Prem though.

The fringe players at WBA wont have been, its not as if we'd be getting a first teamer on loan. Plus, its likely that a deal would be done between clubs regarding wages.

Why it's about his level

I'd expect him to end up at Championship side on loan; like last season @ Bristol City and the season before that @ Cardiff. I'd be very surprised if any Championship sides hadn't made enquiries for him. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love him here. I could seem him and Madine working well together.

Guest gringo69

I'm not bothered who we sign now lol, anybody will do.

Leon Clarke on loan from QPR ?

No, anybody won't do.

Guest Lawrie Maddens Hump

Keogh and Griffiths were both in the squad for the friendly against Celtic the other night so we can probably rule them out. The same applies for Wood at West Brom, who was in the squad against Rochdale. Now I am basing this on the fact that, on this evidence, it looks more likely that these players will be named in the 25 man squads at their respective clubs. Surely, if we have any chance of signing 2 players from the Premiership they have to be players who are not in their current managers plans- ie not likely to be in the in the final 25. If pre-season selection is anytthing to go by, it would seem that Keogh, Griffiths and Wood, to a certain extent, are on their Managers radar.

Edited by Lawrie Maddens Hump

The big thing is the wages though isn't it. Prem strikers command mid 20 early 30 grand a week. Unfortunately they're not gonna take such a massive pay cut

they won't be front line players...

maybe not even 2nd. string, more like 3rd. or 4th. choice at their particular club...

if they're on loan their own club will of course chip in (as citeh did with bellamy)...

if we're buying one (as seems to be the hint) and sticking to the clubs wage cap, then that speaks for itself...