Bring in 2 Premiership Strikers

Make sense to consider bringing in 2 Premiership loan strikers on season long loans.

We get quality for a decent price as we only have to pay a percentage of their wages.

Gives us a good chance of promotion (the rest of the team is pretty solid)

At the end of the season we can assess what players we want to bring into the club if we are in the Championship and easier to attract the right players

The premiership clubs will be looking to loan out their fringe players (like Batth) once their have finalised their playing squads for the season

Maybe this is what MM and GM have in the pipeline, hence the waiting?

Guest totemowl

Megson said after last nights game that he wanted to bring in 2 premiership players, one of which would be on loan. Fair assumption that they will be strikers.

Megson said after last nights game that he wanted to bring in 2 premiership players, one of which would be on loan. Fair assumption that they will be strikers.

Just watched it on player......he also said Mick McCarthy is also looking to send out 2 or 3 other players on loan? Were we linked with another Wolves player on this site?

Edited by gandiaowl

Guest Big Guns

Plan Biguns they will call it.

Zzzzz

my plan would be for mm to splash the cash spend about 20 or 30 million

I wonder if he's already in talks with either of them? I don't think he would have mentioned 'Premiership players' publicly if the ball hadn't started rolling in some way. Or am i just getting ahead of myself?

Just watched it on player......he also said Mick McCarthy is also looking to send out 2 or 3 other players on loan? Were we linked with another Wolves player on this site?

Sam Vokes is a striker who went on loan to Norwich and the dark side of the city last season. He might go on loan again, but I don't know much about him

The big thing is the wages though isn't it. Prem strikers command mid 20 early 30 grand a week. Unfortunately they're not gonna take such a massive pay cut

Guest totemowl
I wonder if he's already in talks with either of them? I don't think he would have mentioned 'Premiership players' publicly if the ball hadn't started rolling in some way. Or am i just getting ahead of myself?

The way it was reported he'd definitely made enquiries, was hopeful, but knew he was in competition with other clubs.

Guest Big Guns

Your plan would probably see us in admin in 3 - 5 years then.

Or in the prem and then I'd spend another 200 million to get I'm the champions league

Guest bigblue

The big thing is the wages though isn't it. Prem strikers command mid 20 early 30 grand a week. Unfortunately they're not gonna take such a massive pay cut

Some of their wages would be covered by the Prem club though wouldn't they?

Do you really think that strikers at Norwich, Wolves, QPR or Swansea are on £20,000 per week?

Yes I do, Odermwingie's was on £29,000 last year and he's getting a improved deal rumoured to be worth £42,000

Ey up Baggie. welcome. As usual you talk sense. Personally I would prefer to see an up amd coming striker who is ours and if and when we move up to the Championship he is firmly moulded into the side. As a side note I have just started reading Adrian Chiles book "We don't know what we're doing". Its so like being A Wednesdayite the similarities are uncanny and so are the fans. Great read though.

Guest Saturday Owl

I think bringing in Premiership youth up front is the best thing, there all quick and can offer us something different to last season.

I would like to see Griffiths from Wolves on loan and McDonald on a permanent, however Chris Wood would also be a very good signing at this level.

Plenty of options to choose from now the Premiership clubs are choosing their 25 men squads, plus if they turn out to be no good were not stuck with them.