Bring in 2 Premiership Strikers

Guest scott_andrew_william

Leon Clarke on loan from QPR ?

No, anybody won't do.

He'd be okay, he's not mellor though :p

Danny Batth had played a few pre-season games for them anyway, hadn't he?

Yes Batth played in all pre season games and did very well by all accounts. That article and the fact that McCarthy obviously trusts Megson to develop his players hints at the lad possibly coming to us, but obviously I'm just guessing lol

Guest Saturday Owl

The bit where he says a number of clubs are interested worries me, hopefully there all Scottish or smaller League One clubs.

McCarthy will trust Megson anyway after how he's helping Batth, wouldn't be surprised if we get him.

As for Wood it seems we are actually interested, if we get Griffiths and Wood then I'd be happy.

The bit where he says a number of clubs are interested worries me, hopefully there all Scottish or smaller League One clubs.

McCarthy will trust Megson anyway after how he's helping Batth, wouldn't be surprised if we get him.

As for Wood it seems we are actually interested, if we get Griffiths and Wood then I'd be happy.

I think the article is confusing, it says a number of clubs are interested but at the bottom McCarthy says " we'll have to wait and see who cones in for him "

I thought we were looking at one permanent deal and one loan deal from these Premiership targets.

It would seem Wood is the loan target, so I wonder who the permanent target is.

Makes you think whether it is McDonald or Johnson from Norwich, after both have been allowed to leave. Of course, the permanent transfer could be a winger...

Odemwengie was signed when you were in the Prem though.

The fringe players at WBA wont have been, its not as if we'd be getting a first teamer on loan. Plus, its likely that a deal would be done between clubs regarding wages.

Hello Steel, I know Pete was signed when we were in the Prem. But, the point still stands Strikers have always been the prestige players. They've always been paid the most, Miller, Cox and Bednar are all on more than £20 grand a week. Chris Wood a New Zealand international is on £12K+ a week. We loaned him to Barnsley because they could handle his wages. We recalled him because he wasn't getting first team games. The loan to Brighton we paid towards his wages.

As for Andy Keogh he got an improved deal when the Dogheads got promoted so although he's injury prone It's highly likely he's on £20+ himself. Its also the last year of his contract, so if he isn't pushing for a first team place they'd be stupid not to sell him instead of a loan

Guest Milan Mandaric - God

Odemwingie was a first team striker!

There's no way we'll be getting someone of the quality or squad status of him.

Keogh I would imagine will be on between £10-15k. Sidibe likewise. Chris Wood, Sam Vokes, Cody McDonald etc. etc. between £4-8k.

He didn't suggest we should sign somebody like Odemwingie, just that West Brom who are probably seen as a lesser club to most Premiership teams have players on around £30,000 a week

He didn't suggest we should sign somebody like Odemwingie, just that West Brom who are probably seen as a lesser club to most Premiership teams have players on around £30,000 a week

I know that!

My point is, Odemwingie and Wood are in two totally different wage brackets.

It was like saying...Chelsea's Fernando Torres in on £150,000k a week...there's no way we could afford Chelsea's youth striker.