Steve Howard

Guest intercity0wl

From what i gather we haven't the players , for nicy nicy football, we have the players to batter the opposition to submission , if that is the way Megson is going And it achieves what we all want .then whats the moaning for ,

If Howard is to come in and he can do a job ,who cares whether he is 35 ,(makes me laugh that does) whats the problem ,

In football you play to your strengths ,so if it is to be route one and it achieves the desired effect , I Don't think their will be anyone saying ,(But if we had played fancy dan football we might have lost but i would be happier) load of gonads ,You will be exstatic like the rest of us

tuned into the car radio few days back going to work...

some (i took it to be) former leicester player talking to the host, about their chances this term...

he was talking about howard, and the fact he'd scored these goals against some low level opposition...

and went on to say..."i don't think steve will figure much in the coming season, he may get a few runs off the bench at times, but he's not good enough, he may be better off at a club like sheffield wednesday"...at the time i thought you cheeky ba$tard....

From what i gather we haven't the players , for nicy nicy football, we have the players to batter the opposition to submission , if that is the way Megson is going And it achieves what we all want .then whats the moaning for ,

If Howard is to come in and he can do a job ,who cares whether he is 35 ,(makes me laugh that does) whats the problem ,

In football you play to your strengths ,so if it is to be route one and it achieves the desired effect , I Don't think their will be anyone saying ,(But if we had played fancy dan football we might have lost but i would be happier) load of gonads ,You will be exstatic like the rest of us

you can't play madine and howard together...

too much battering ram, and no cutting edge...

Last time he was down in league 1.

Goals 13

Assists 14

If he was free, on a 1 year deal. I wouldn't argue.

Good arm around Madine, plus it would take the pressure off him away from home as the lone striker.

We'd still need more pace in the team though.

Last time he was down in league 1.

Goals 13

Assists 14

If he was free, on a 1 year deal. I wouldn't argue.

Good arm around Madine, plus it would take the pressure off him away from home as the lone striker.

We'd still need more pace in the team though.

i still think we need it out wide rather than upfront though. If JJ pulls him hamstring we are seriously lacking in attacking options, and will be reliantt on semi/bennett/buxton getting forward all the time.

On the style of play debate there's a massive difference between playing direct football and playing hoofball, Man Utd play a very direct game very successful, hoofball is just whacking it as hard as you can and hoping that your player gets on the end of it. I'm sure we'd all like to play like Barcelona but it ain't gonna happen

Guest Sniper1

Im a bit bored of reading poo about Hoofball, longball, proper football etc

We just need to be effective at what we do and we need to win games.

Ill settle for that.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Can't believe I was trying to be the grammar police and managed to misspell 'I'm'. :biggrin:

We've all done it.. :blush:

Man Utd and Liverpool can both play very direct at times, that's not hoofball. Beevers booting it up to Madine every time is hoofball. I liked the way we played at the back end of the season, let's do that again.

Man Utd and Liverpool can both play very direct at times, that's not hoofball. Beevers booting it up to Madine every time is hoofball. I liked the way we played at the back end of the season, let's do that again.

But just for arguments sake, if Beevers Knocks it 40/50

yards and Madine brings it down and buries it in the top corner, would it matter :)

Guest Saturday Owl

When your manager we can play that tippy tappy Barcelona style of play.

We are in League one with players who don't have the ability to play that kind of football.

We need to be big and physical and bully the f*ck out of teams. Get the opposition frustrated and we'll do well next season.

Why dont we get some who do have the ability then? Nearly all the best teams in our division play football

Only because we rumbleing let them.....

Don't you get it?

It's League One.

I cannot believe we are debating how to win games before we've even kicked a ball never mind won one.