Steve Howard

Guest intercity0wl

Guest highamowl

Our last two managers wanted to play "attractive" football, and look where that got us! It wasnt "attractive" for the most part it was mind numbingly dull. On Tuesday night at the DVS I saw more commitment and more footballing ability from one player (Prutton) in 90 mins than Ive seen from our central midfield players in the last five years. I saw a left back who knows how to put in the sort of tackle that makes wingers swop sides and who wasnt afraid to get the ball down and play. If this is hoofball then bring it on.

I cant wait to see players making full blooded tackles and not afraid to have the ball at their feet. And if Howards a part of that then so be it.

100% this, it is not hoofball, it is a style of play, that if it is played right is good to watch. We will see full commitment, and players running with the ball. To do this we need players that fit the style of play. This is the difference between us saying we want to sign X or why arent we after Y, as they might not work.

Megson knows who he wants, and who will fit in with how we are going to play. This is the most important factor to take into account. People were not overjoyed at Prutton, and look at him so far........

Guest TonyOwl88

Good player... a bit like what Gary Madine needs to make himself. It may be more important to get a little man though.

Guest BoomTownOwls

If we did get Steve Howard, it doesn't mean him and Madine would start together regularly.

I do not care one jot about attractive football this season. I have seen 12 years of losing football and I desperately need it to stop.

I saw what an absolute handful Wednesday were from set pieces against Rotherham and Howard would only add to this.

Megson is creating the biggest most physical football team ever seen and I love it.

Guest highamowl

Apart from the Howard signing, great if he's back up, why do we need to play a long ball game to get us out of this division? If so called smaller teams can get out playing good football, why can't we?

read the argument and answer the question yourself.

Have you tried the other side of the bed yet???

Guest BoomTownOwls

There is no argument, it's outdated and belongs in another age

Yeah, Stoke had no success at all getting out of The Championship with it.

I have never known a person moan as much you. Is the glass ever half full?

You're like bloody Victor Meldrew with constipation and a hangover.

Edited by BoomTownOwls

Guest highamowl

There is no argument, it's outdated and belongs in another age

Man U played the most long balls in the premier league last season.................The concept of 'hoofball' being automaticaqlly dull is wrong and outdated.

Wrong I'm am the guru for proper football

regardless of the style of play, youve got to make the best with the tools you have.

with what megson has at his disposal, a striker who can hold the ball up, bully defenders and win plenty of headers would be an absolute treat. We are in league one and can only attract a certain level of player - Steve Howard isnt a bad shout for a squad player, and we arent exactly chocca with other options are we.

If Megson plans to bring in nine players to add to the ones he decided to keep, the tools at his disposal are the ones he's selected.

yes. and they are all designed to fit into the style of play he wants. so if hes signing howard, he must also fit in the style of play, no?