Pick Two Players From This List To Add To Our Squad

Right, here is a list of ex players, you can pick two to add to our squad, fully fit and in their prime.

Andy Pearce

Iain Nolan

Peter Atherton

Mark Pembridge

Graham Hyde

Wayne Collins

Guy Whittingham

Gordon Watson

Andy Booth

As you can see, this list is deliberately not our A-List stars of the past.

Ian Nolan and Guy Whittingham.

Very underrated at the time, would fill two big problem area's for us.

Left back, and a decent hard working striker who is actually also clinical and prolific (ok, wasn't so prolific for us, but that's because he was used on the wing a lot too for us)

Portsmouth 47 goals in one season wasn't it?

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Ian Nolan and Guy Whittingham.

Very underrated at the time, would fill two big problem area's for us.

Left back, and a decent hard working striker who is actually also clinical and prolific (ok, wasn't so prolific for us, but that's because he was used on the wing a lot too for us)

Portsmouth 47 goals in one season wasn't it?

Ian Nolan at left back ***shudders**

Right, here is a list of ex players, you can pick two to add to our squad, fully fit and in their prime.

Andy Pearce

Iain Nolan

Peter Atherton

Mark Pembridge

Graham Hyde

Wayne Collins

Guy Whittingham

Gordon Watson

Andy Booth

As you can see, this list is deliberately not our A-List stars of the past.

graham hyde and andy booth for me

They would ALL walk into oiur current side......

Booth would walk into it...

...but only because he could never get into anything fast enough that could be described as a run.

That's an underwhelming list of talent at Premiership level, but the likes of Hyde, Pembridge, Whittingham and Watson in their prime would be a big improvement on what we have at the moment.

No votes for Wayne Collins yet.

I'd probably have Guy Whittingham and Graham Hyde.

Meant to put Julian Watts and Ryan Jones on that list too. And maybe O'Neill Donaldson. :biggrin:

We never really saw much of Wayne Collins, he could have been a decent player for us otherwise.

I'd probably have Ryan Jones over Graham Hyde, not for footballing ability alone, but because of Jones's stature, he was an awkward bugger to play against and caused havoc when he got into the opponents box.

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Why? He was consistent if not spectacular both defending and going forward and was the last decent player we had at left back.

Really? I remember him being caught flat footed far too often because he was a right footed left back, he was never a good enough replacement for either Worthington or King IMHO.

Hinchcliffe was better after BTW

I'd probably have Ryan Jones over Graham Hyde, not for footballing ability alone, but because of Jones's stature, he was an awkward bugger to play against and caused havoc when he got into the opponents box.

Is that a polite way of calling him a lump?