Pick Two Players From This List To Add To Our Squad

Guest BirdonaMaguire

Is that a polite way of calling him a lump?

Ryan Jones was an underrated player, shame about the injuries.

Wayne Collins and Guy Whittingham

stick them in the midfield and they'd probably run this division with Morrison scoring a few more!!

i'd have Hyde as back up for pure determination and willingness to perform. much better then JOC

hyde was twice the player wayne collins ever was

I'm glad most people's choices have included Guy Whittingham. Though he will never go down as a legend for us I thought he was a very very good player. A 40 goal striker who turned his hand to midfield showed huge versatility and to have a strikers touch from midfield as well was also beneficial. Had fantastic fitness levels, would never go a miss for any team as he would run around chasing the ball and when got it could actually do something decent with it. Does anybody remember ther FA Cup 7-1 win over Grimsby? Surely the Whittingham game if anything, completely pulled all the strings that day.

I'm glad most people's choices have included Guy Whittingham. Though he will never go down as a legend for us I thought he was a very very good player. A 40 goal striker who turned his hand to midfield showed huge versatility and to have a strikers touch from midfield as well was also beneficial. Had fantastic fitness levels, would never go a miss for any team as he would run around chasing the ball and when got it could actually do something decent with it. Does anybody remember ther FA Cup 7-1 win over Grimsby? Surely the Whittingham game if anything, completely pulled all the strings that day.

i do mate ...didnt he have an hand in all 7 goals

graham hyde and andy booth for me

That goes for me too, Hyde was like an annoying little wasp buzzing round ppl and usually got the ball, booth was a cracking target man, although would be wasted in our squad as we haven't yet got anyone who can consistently cross a ball

Really? I remember him being caught flat footed far too often because he was a right footed left back, he was never a good enough replacement for either Worthington or King IMHO.

Hinchcliffe was better after BTW

How would we know hinchcliffe was better he was injured most of the time, is he still our record buy

Guest BirdonaMaguire

How would we know hinchcliffe was better he was injured most of the time, is he still our record buy

He had two very consistent years after signing in January 1998, he was only injured in the latter stages of his contract

Guest Moonbear

Would have to be flash and Atherton I think flash could ov made it to the top and athers was always mr dependable

Guest GodsanOwl

All these players were lower half of the Premier League players at the time.

Therefore they would all walk into the current League 1 side!

Personally I would pick Atherton and Booth.

He shares joint second with Sinton at £2.7 Million doesn't he?

I thought Hinchcliffe was £3 Million. Di Canio is our record at £4.5 Million (an absolute steal in my view).

I will be honest I liked Hinchcliffe, my only gripe was he was on £20,000 a week but if thats what was offered then who is he to turn it down, just shows the idiocy of Richards. I thought he was superb at dead ball situations. Have we ever had a corner get past the second man since? :huh:

Ryan Jones was an underrated player, shame about the injuries.

Not sure that I agree that he was underrated. Didn't he play for Wales as a teenager? I wasn't the only one who thought he had a great future; no different to Ian Knight in terms of what might have been.