From the meeting tonight

Be very disappointed if we weren't going to even try and retain Mellor.

Guess there might be clubs from the Championship interested in him.

Me too but the writing may already be on the wall for him. As you say, if Championship clubs are sniffing round him offering championship wages and a higher level of football, the decision will be plain and simple for him unfortunately.

Edited by eckington owl

My money is on Jones he showed good captain skills when he took Madine to one side at Bristol as well as a tidy performance. I would like to keep Mellor however we dont know who the other five are do we.

preston cant afford mellor,thier projection next season is 8k gates,they couldnt afford him this season on 14k ave gates.

also wednesday have enquired about brombys situation at leeds and talked to his agent,one other player wed like is max gradel who has been watched on several occasions by the same scout.

Both these have been told theyl be mostly squad rotation next season.

buxton may well have been offered terms at another side,possibly barnsley.

Guest BoomTownOwls

Don't panic. The only reason Jones or Mellor won't be one of the 6 is because Megson has identified somebody he considers better.

For me, Jones has done very well but there are plenty of other good centre halves knocking about.

He also said he wants one supporters group prefferably I then asked would Wednesdayite be willing to change the name and there was a large majoity of hands up who agreed with me that it would be best to do this. So lets hope in the future Wednesdayite S.O.D.A and other organisations can get together and become for exeample "sheffield Wednesday Supporters Group. It would improve numbers and it would end the negativity some people still have towards Wednesdayite.

He also said he wants one supporters group prefferably I then asked would Wednesdayite be willing to change the name and there was a large majoity of hands up who agreed with me that it would be best to do this. So lets hope in the future Wednesdayite S.O.D.A and other organisations can get together and become for exeample "sheffield Wednesday Supporters Group. It would improve numbers and it would end the negativity some people still have towards Wednesdayite.

How about SWSS - Sheffield Wednesday Supporters' Society, rolls off the tongue better than group

Good call.

I propose that we change the name to something everyone can trust.

Something like the 'OwlsTrust'

Do I win a prize?

Guest surfinjim

preston cant afford mellor,thier projection next season is 8k gates,they couldnt afford him this season on 14k ave gates.

also wednesday have enquired about brombys situation at leeds and talked to his agent,one other player wed like is max gradel who has been watched on several occasions by the same scout.

Both these have been told theyl be mostly squad rotation next season.

buxton may well have been offered terms at another side,possibly barnsley.

Was told Newcastle were in for Gradel????

can't really see him coming to S6.

Jim