From the meeting tonight

I'm a bit concerned about the ditching of the reserve programme, how are we going to get injured players back to match fitness?

Not like we used the reserve team to allow players to regain fitness anyway.

how about SWISS (sheffield wednesday independant supporters society) .... simples lol

Honest Owls Promoting Players - Sheffield Wednesday Independant Supporters Society

HOPP SWISS

:-)

Edited by beano

preston cant afford mellor,thier projection next season is 8k gates,they couldnt afford him this season on 14k ave gates.

also wednesday have enquired about brombys situation at leeds and talked to his agent,one other player wed like is max gradel who has been watched on several occasions by the same scout.

Both these have been told theyl be mostly squad rotation next season.

buxton may well have been offered terms at another side,possibly barnsley.

This the same Max Gradel who has played all season for Leeds, scored and made numerous goals?

Might sound strange but I cant really see him leaving a side on the way to the Premiership over the next few seasons to come to us.

It may be that Megson sees someone like Will Hoskins 20 goals for relegated bristol rovers and at 24ys much better value in terms of wages and fee

I agree with this. Hoskins will be moving on and Megson may see him as the equal of Mellor, but 4 years younger. I think a Championship club may come in for Mellor.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

This the same Max Gradel who has played all season for Leeds, scored and made numerous goals?

Might sound strange but I cant really see him leaving a side on the way to the Premiership over the next few seasons to come to us.

He's just won player of the season.

:laugh:

Guest Buxtonian

The simplest thing would be to resurrect the good old name of "Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club". All the groups merge together, a nominal membership fee of say £3 a year, open to all and with Milans blessing. Make it the biggest supporters club in Yorkshire. As the bandwagon starts to roll branches could re-open (in the 60's coaches used to go from Bolsover, where I now live to Wednesday matches). And I've still got my badge!

Come to think of it how about a nightclub at the ground, we could call it the Ozzie Owl Club.

They also went from Creswell and Killamarsh, nearby, as well as from Hoyland, Hoyland Common, Chapeltown and quite a few more.I was enrolled by my Dad at the tender age of 6, in 1946. He'd been a supporter pre-war. Their sole purpose in life was to follow Wednesday, not getting involved with Club politics. In those days, the club didn't need 'saving' from financial ruin. We're in a similar psition now. We've got a Chairman who's worth a bob or two, and from listening to him on R.Sheff the other night, is prepared to spend on what he, after advice from his Manager, considers necessary. He certainly knows how to handle the media, so why not put our trust in him and simply become 'Supporters' again instead of Barrack Room lawyers.

Gave my badge to my nephew from near Exeter, years ago, when he decided, on his own, that unlike his Dad and his Dad's brothers, he wasn't becoming a blunt, but a Wednesdayite like his grandad Ben, my Dad. He's in his mid 30's now, still lives in Devon, is still a Wednesdayite, and travels to as many matches as he can. he still proudly wears that badge. Restart the S.C. and I will immediately purchase another.

Incidentally, I believe that, around the time the Cantilever Stand was built, there was an office between the South and the Kop which held a special draw, and, I believe there was a nightclub called the 'Ozzie Owl Club'

i couldn't agree with 31Dec1966 more.