On owlsmad

Guest blueowl3103

He can finish, not scared from range either.

Defo worth a punt, is he still in contract??

His contract is up at the end of season

His contract is up at the end of season

Nothing to lose then.

Will flip chessie up as well.

I'd try for other lower league players also, ie: Clayton Donaldson, Le Fondre, Cody Mcdonald.

All proven goal scorers, I know its lg2 but everyone has to start somewhere.

Who would have thought in a million yrs that Grant Holt would captain a prem team.

Guest Distraught!

Who would have thought in a million yrs that Grant Holt would captain a prem team.

Grant's done great so far but I suspect that the jump from the Championship to the Premier League will just be one step too far. There again, it's highly likely Norwich will struggle so they might hang on to Grant with a view to relegation and bouncing back at the first attempt.

As for Craig Davies, not overly fussed. I would rather stick with what we already have. At least they are not entirely an unknown quantity.

Guest Distraught!

DA?

It's a side issue but does anybody know if DA gets involved in the day to day running of Chezzie, attending board meetings etc.? I know he is the majority shareholder but, beyond that, does he take an active interest?

Nothing to lose then.

Will flip chessie up as well.

I'd try for other lower league players also, ie: Clayton Donaldson, Le Fondre, Cody Mcdonald.

All proven goal scorers, I know its lg2 but everyone has to start somewhere.

I will be devastated if Clayton Donaldson is the calibre of striker we have at Hillsborough next season.

Davies looks good to me and is clearly a bit of a maverick talent. He's played for some good clubs which confirms his natural ability but Shez is the only manager to get the best out of him. I'd be happy if we signed him to replace Heff/Clinton as back up striker but think we need to sign Mellor first and maybe one other too. I agree with Edin that we need proven quality, not lower league players. These gambles should be greatly outnumbered by low-risk, experienced, good quality signings.