On owlsmad

I will be devastated if Clayton Donaldson is the calibre of striker we have at Hillsborough next season.

Agreed.

Apply this to Adam Le Fondre aswell, leave him in Lge 2 where he belongs.

Craig Davies i would certainly take a look at though.

On footy heaven the other night a chessy fan said they'd spoke to Davies and he confirmed he'd be leaving but wouldn't say where apart from that he "wasn't going to Sheffield".

From Wikipedia's David Hirst article:

The deal for "the Cudworth flyer" still sits in local folklore, with Hirst reputedly saying he wouldn’t sign for the Owls “for a golden pig".

What's said in football and what happens are entirely seperate to each other.

I will be devastated if Clayton Donaldson is the calibre of striker we have at Hillsborough next season.

Not that I'm saying we should sign him, but I bet people would have said the same of Madine before he signed in January too.

Well, either that or, "who??"

I think I'm just going to leave it down to Megson's judgement, with whoever he brings in it's almost certainly going to be made with better judgement than anyone on Owlstalk could have contributed.

Not that I'm saying we should sign him, but I bet people would have said the same of Madine before he signed in January too.

Well, either that or, "who??"

I think I'm just going to leave it down to Megson's judgement, with whoever he brings in it's almost certainly going to be made with better judgement than anyone on Owlstalk could have contributed.

Undoubtedly.

My take on Donaldson:

He's 27, and flopped at his last 'big' move. He's a good lower league player and nothing more.

Edited by edinburghowl

Guest Saturday Owl

Would much rather bring in Steve Howard, plus a Chesterfield fan said on RS the other night he talked to him and he's not coming to Sheffield.

Davies for me is a risk we shouldn't take when we don't have the time to do it, we need to be out of this league by the end of next season.

Milan wont be happy if he loses out on another £8'000'000. That money should come in handy when we do a Norwich in the Championship. :happy: