Next seasons sponsor

Guest gura

Guest gura

I was told last night that the pigs have los their current sponsor (visitmalta.com) as they have gone to the bigger of the Sheffield teams...

Hope not.

Would like to find out just why its taking the club so long to release details about next seasons shirts, sponsors etc.

Maybe because they are waiting for the best deal for the club, rather than rushing in to signing crap like in the past.

To be fair.

In that week we were there in '09 we probably did more for the community over there than they have in the last 3 year.

Wouldn't surprise me.

But if we drop SCH completely from the shirt in favour of someone like Visit Malta. I think alot of Wedsnesdayites will be pretty peed off.

Guest Deleted member

Indeed it is and the piggies aren't happy about it!

If this is indeed the case - I'd say its more likely down to the work that was done (particularly by Lee Strafford) with the Maltese Tourist Board when we were over there when people were being quoted as stating that Wednesday and their team/backroom staff and fans were absolutely head and shoulders above the Utd entourage when we visited. The team did tremendous work locally on PR and left the island having made an incredible impression

Maybe because they are waiting for the best deal for the club, rather than rushing in to signing crap like in the past.

Maybe you should be aiming to get stuff done earlier so that you can release stuff and promote it at league games instead of filtering it through in pre-season?

Any news would be welcome, at the moment things are uncertain. No one likes uncertainty.

Guest Deleted member

To be fair.

In that week we were there in '09 we probably did more for the community over there than they have in the last 3 year.

Wouldn't surprise me.

But if we drop SCH completely from the shirt in favour of someone like Visit Malta. I think alot of Wedsnesdayites will be pretty peed off.

Great minds eh? :)

Guest Saturday Owl

I'd put the SCH logo on the sleeve or on the collar (please get a collar).

Then the club can have a big sponsor that will give us money, sounds better to me.

Looking back, the jolly in Malta set the standard that our players came to expect when playing for our club.

I'm glad Malta got something out of it though.

:laugh:

I hope it's a bit of both.

If Wednesday made a bit of an impression when they visited and it helped then so be it.

I also like Andy Daykin and it signals "intent".

Edited by sonofbert2

If we had the new shirt on sale from saturday we would probably have sold out before the match.

Bit of a missed opportunity there from the club.

Again.......

It'll change soon though like everything else that needs sorting out so we'll just have to be patient.

Guest maltaowl

I'd prefer to have the main club sponser at the front of the shirt and then the SCH logo somewhere on the back.

Oh and for the record Malta is a very nice place, nothing like Libya and I'd encourage you to visit at somepoint