Half time entertainment?

I hate half time at football matches. It has to be the longest, most boring 15 minutes one can ever experience. At some grounds it gives you chance to go and grab a drink and have a quick chat about the upcoming second half. At some stadiums you can spend all the break waiting in line to find out they've run out of what you want :angry:

For me, the best type of entertainment is the simple stuff. Get a few people out of the crowd and have them try to score from increasing distances from goal, or use cones like they used to.

I can sit quite happily at home for fifteen minutes not doing anything, but I get really bored waiting around at half time... strange...

The game where you used to have to just roll it into an empty net (twice) from 6/12/18/etc yards and the half-way line was the best, and obviously simple to implement - unless there are new rules about how much space you have to keep available for teams warming up?

I seem to remember that Tommy Craig won the last time we did that competition, it went down to a deciding match on the last day of the season when he was tied on points with someone else and he sealed victory by scoring from the half-way line. Epic scenes.

Guest Saturday Owl

I hate half time, it's just standing there bored shitless for 15 minutes. Even just a few dancers on the pitch, or a kids football match again would be decent.

I think MM will be working on this over the summer, big project for the bloke.

Does anyone remember that black lad who was doing the free style on the pitch last season? He couldn't do anything other than kick ups as it was. :biggrin:

But to make it worse he booted the ball in the air and it hit one of the players on the head and it was getting a bit heated. :laugh:

NOW THAT WAS QUALITY.

Guest GodsanOwl

What happened to the legends coming on and doing the half time draw?

Admittedly, some of them were a bit obscure......

'He made 32 appearances up front for the Owls between 1956 and 1962, scoring one goal......please welcome......John Smith!!!!'

What happened to the legends coming on and doing the half time draw?

Admittedly, some of them were a bit obscure......

'He made 32 appearances up front for the Owls between 1956 and 1962, scoring one goal......please

welcome......John Smith!!!!'

Kivo. Did John Smith ever appear for Wednesday or is this fella a bullshitter? ;-)

On that note, bored people probably spend more money.

I haven't had a drink in the Cantilever for the last few home games. We used to get in the ground at 1.30, I would then have 3 or 4 small bottles of lager before the game and another 2 at half time. Add a Steak and Henderson's for my son and a programme, and I was spending around £24 at every home game, I came to the conclusion that £3 for a small bottle of Carling is taking the wee wee. I now have 3 or 4 tinnies at home, we set off at around 2.10 and get in the ground for 2.30.

When the club introduces draft lager at £3.10 a pint, like they do in the South Stand, then I'll revert back to drinking in the ground.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest intercity0wl

I haven't had a drink in the Cantilever for the last few home games. We used to get in the ground at 1.30, I would then have 3 or 4 small bottles of lager before the game and another 2 at half time. Add a Steak and Henderson's for my son and a programme, and I was spending around £24 at every home game, I came to the conclusion that £3 for a small bottle of Carling is taking the wee wee. I now have 3 or 4 tinnies at home, we set off at around 2.10 and get in the ground for 2.30.

When the club introduces draft lager at £3.10 a pint, like they do in the South Stand, then I'll revert back to drinking in the ground.

I to would like nothing better than our pre match drinks money to go directly to the club, but im in full agreement that £3 for a small bottle is "taking the wee wee",

Guest bigblue

Just to add to that, swap the big lad who does the 50 50 draw for one of the lady Owls. :biggrin:

He covers some miles on a matchday though to be fair to the boy. Not sure where he gets his stamina from looking at his, erm, ample frame.