Half time entertainment?

What's happend to the half time entertainment at Hillsborough, im sure at the start of the season we had score through the holes thing at the kop end with 2 very nice looking young ladys next to the goal.. Where did that go?

I'd like to see a cross bar challenge compertition of some sort where fans can enter a raffle and the winners each week get to have a go at hitting the cross bar for some sort of prize, or penalty shoot out for the younger kids to have a go infront of the Kop..

Just a thought..

Guest intercity0wl

All part of the clubs masterplan to kill the supporters Matchday experience at Hillsborough, no standing, no swearing, no smoking, no flags, no pig score flashes, no Owlettes or any other form of pre or half time entertainment except a little dance from Ozzie and his sidekick, a six word Jeff Beck Hi Ho singalong, and the 50/50 draw.

But never mind i have heard a rumour that the on field entertainment next season will be more than enough to make up for the lack of football match experience related activities off it.

What's happend to the half time entertainment at Hillsborough, im sure at the start of the season we had score through the holes thing at the kop end with 2 very nice looking young ladys next to the goal.. Where did that go?

I'd like to see a cross bar challenge compertition of some sort where fans can enter a raffle and the winners each week get to have a go at hitting the cross bar for some sort of prize, or penalty shoot out for the younger kids to have a go infront of the Kop..

Just a thought..

I expect DJ1 or Caz will be on here very soon to answer your questions, they just can't seem to leave this forum alone at the moment. :ph34r:

All part of the clubs masterplan to kill the supporters Matchday experience at Hillsborough, no standing, no swearing, no smoking, no flags, no pig score flashes, no Owlettes or any other form of pre or half time entertainment except a little dance from Ozzie and his sidekick, a six word Jeff Beck Hi Ho singalong, and the 50/50 draw.

But never mind i have heard a rumour that the on field entertainment next season will be more than enough to make up for the lack of football match experience related activities off it.

It was stopped by Alan Irvine. He didn'y want the surface to be ruined??????

With the s--t he kept sending onto it there should have been no problem :mellow:

Guest intercity0wl

The score through the holes thing was cancelled because - if remember correctly - the company running it had difficulty in getting insurance to underwrite it.

In all honesty that had the worst entertainment values of any of the so called half time match day experiences seen at S6, but was as you rightly say run by an out of house organisation, who had no affinity with the club or its supporters.

Needs the club to bring something back along the lines of the half time penalty shootout competition at the kop end that used to keep us interested, especially if one of those taking part was wearing one of them red and white striped butchers aprons.

Edited by intercity0wl

Guest christheowl

I was going to ask the same thing ! how hard is it to get some entertainment on at half time ? even just for 2 fans to come down from the stands and take pens ? there doesnt even have to be a prize ffs ! It kills the atmosphere for me, your sat there bored out of your head for 15 mins, when the players come out you just cant be assed

Just a thought..

I remember them :ph34r:

The half time entertainment about 5 or 6 years ago points scoring by scoring from further back of the field each time was a good setup and was the only half time entertainment i watched and the only one i would have back :)

Guest intercity0wl

half time entertainment is poo just go and have a beer ,wots up with you people :ph34r:

Maybe spending 90 minutes hoping most of the Ale consumed before the game will have left my system before driving home has a bit to do with me not topping it up again at Half time, although im tempted, sad i know but its the only answer i can give to your "wots up with you people query.

Guest Big Guns

Maybe spending 90 minutes hoping most of the Ale consumed before the game will have left my system before driving home has a bit to do with me not topping it up again at Half time, although im tempted, sad i know but its the only answer i can give to your "wots up with you people query.

simple leave the car at home top up at half time call for a few more after the match then taxi home flippingsorted :cool: